View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #177
wendella247
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Q1. when I take a picture with my digital camera, how can I change it to a jpeg image when I save?

A. My camera saves all of my images as jpegs. What extension is at the end of the files your camera is saving to your computer? If it's something other than .jpg or .jpeg, you should be able to open it in your photo editing program and then do a "save as" and there will be choices--one should be .jpeg or .jpg.

Q2. Also when I scan and try to crop the image to take out the white glob in the background, as soon as I save it is unchanged. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?? Thanks!!

A. Are you in your photo editing program when you try to crop? If so, then I don't know what is happening, because if I crop a photo in my editing program (lie Adobe Elements, Picture It, etc.) I save it as a different file name and the new picture is properly cropped.

But actually, I usually try to *crop* the photo in the scanning program itself. Usually, my scanner previews the scan and shows a screen where I can see what my picture will look like. If I click on that screen, it gives me a *crosshairs*--kind of an x, and it I click at the top left corner of the card and hold and drag to the bottom right of the card, it will *select* just the picture of the card (not the white space.) Then I hit *scan* and it only scans the actual picture of the card. Then I save that scan as a .jpg file.

I'm sorry this is so long. I hope it makes some kind of sense.

Check out the SCS Scrapbook Challenges!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!