View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #37
chantae
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's our update after ds MD appointment today. He was tested for a variety of nuts and was positive for all of the tree variety. The cashews (which sent him to the ER Friday) had a huge welt with surrounding redness. All of the others were less severe, but still positive. Peanuts were negative, which is fortunate for him since PBJ sandwiches are all he ever wants for lunch. The MD had him "practice" using the epi injector and recommended that our ds have it with him "at all times".

It is a really strange feeling to know my child has such a life-threatening reaction to something that could be so easily ingested. I will now be teaching him to read ingredient lists along with me. I'll be on the lookout for the tree nuts along with my own excluded gluten.

BTW, what do all of you do about products which are "made in a facility that also processes tree nuts". Our MD wouldn't for the record make a recommendation. He simply explained that the only things we could be positively sure didn't have the allergins in them would be whole foods I prepare at home. Oh joy, more cooking for me!!! ha, ha.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome here. And yes, I have been on the preggo & baby boards. I had our 3rd and final child in December. I keep saying the past year has been full of all kinds of challenges, but the "year" is over and the challenges just keep coming!!! That's life for ya!

kaufeestamper, glad to hear you had some improvements with lab results today. That must feel really nice.

-Chantae
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!