View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 07:49 AM   #34
kittygalval
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantae View Post
I thought I'd join you ladies since my 6yr old ds is going in for food allergy testing tomorrow. We spent Friday night in the ER after he had a reaction to a bite of ice cream containing cashews. My ds has been an extremely picky eater since 14mo old (he ate everything before that!) and is very dramatic when he doesn't want to eat something. Well, on 2 separate occasions over the past 6mo he has taken a bite of an almond and ended up completely panicking/freaking out and then throwing up. Dh and I honestly thought it was because of his aversion to textures he doesn't like. Well, Friday night the same thing happened after the cashew-in-the-ice cream, but then he broke out in hives. Once at the ER they said he had some swelling on his uvula (in his throat) and gave him 2 separate meds to get rid of his symptoms. I feel really badly about this and am anxious to find out what the scratch test shows tomorrow.

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease this past Feb and have made the major change to eating gluten-free. The thought of having to add tree nuts and who knows how many other allergins to our kitchen restrictions sounds a bit overwhelming. Many of my gluten-free bread/pancake mixes contain almond flour (which he has been eating with me). I know it is doable and there are certainly worse things to deal with.....I'm just feeling kinda sad right now.

-Chantae
Welcome, Chantae. I think I remember you from the infant forum, right? I am sorry you had an ER episode. I will pray that you will get some good answers tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. Keep you chin up!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!