Thread: Cricut Chatter
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #1702
a1r601
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostvig View Post
I meant to ask How did you make sure the corner rounder didn't end with a half punch? Even if I didnt type it I did think it.

Kathy: Yes, you take the guard off...you punch all the way through the paper - you will get a smiley face looking shape. As you are punching the next scallop, make sure to line the corner round with the edge of the first punch and so on...does that make any sense??? I had to experiment with different kinds of sizes for ovals and circles. If you cut a circle at (I think) 3.5 and 4.5 inches using George, the scallop edges come out perfectly. I have not tried the oval shapes yet on George. I used an oval coluzzle template to create the scalloped edges (Used the 4th biggest oval on the template).

You can do the same with a slit punch (SU brand) but you would have to cut a circle or oval on the inside and slide the punch from the inside circle to make the scalloped edges rather than the outside.

Here is a link to the tutorial using a corner rounder punch: http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_...r_oh_my_g.html. Although she uses a circle coluzzle template for her circles.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!