View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #12
ArtLvr
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufeestamper View Post
Next week we have our first annual blood test to see if anything has improved. Strict avoidance has kept us from having a second reaction. Daily clariton together with avoidance has all but cleared up his eczema, too.

We are still finding creative ways to cook for our son. My latest super trick has been substituting 3 tb of applesauce per 1 egg when baking. I've made banana bread, brownies, and choc chip cookies (with raisins instead of chips) this week and all tasted totally normal with the applesauce. It feels like such a victory!!!
Congradulation on the goodies!! I've been wanting to try the applesauce replacement (for a healthier version) but haven't yet. No reason why I shouldn't!

My son started preschool this year. Talk about a nervous reck!! But after much investigating we chose a school that provided safe environment for children with food allergies. Some areas actually have peanut free facitlities; even school districts. Sadly, I do not live in one of those areas. They make the kids sit in a separate table by themselves (from k-12). Not really happy about that. Need to get all the food allergy mom's together and brainstorm. ;}

Good luck at your annual blood test (I always get antsy when my DS's comes up). I'll be praying for him!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!