View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #9
ArtLvr
Matboard Maniac

Montana, you have been so helpful. I didn't mean to get to personal (very sorry if I did). I understand that the information that I get from other parents of kids’ w/food allergies is a case by case scenario; different family backgrounds, environmental differences, etc. They people that I know here in my area that have kids w/food allergies take it so lightly. It's crazy...

I'm so sorry you had to give up your beloved pet (that had to be incredibly hard) , but you're a good mom for doing so. Some parents would've let their child suffer. Kudos to you!!

I really can not image being allergic to milk; or wheat, egg, or soy for that matter. They are impossible to avoid! These allergens are in nearly everything! He must be a very healthy eater; fruits and veggies. I feel your frustration on number increasing. We avoid the allergen like the plague but it doesn't seem to matter. So incredibly aggravating! I know how you feel.

We plan on going to St. Louis Children's Hospital next year. If we change he'll have to have a scratch test done. He'll have to do a scratch test again anyway if we stay at the allergist we have now. Good time to change! This is a good hospital. Kids go here for food challenges when the numbers come back negative. We hope that we’ll get more informative answers from the doctor’s there. We’ll see!

Let me know how it goes with your son. Will they give him another challenge? What sort of info did they provide you when he did brake out in hive after his challenge? What did they tell you about his milk allergy? Why did it increase?

Thank you so much, Montana! You have been so informative and helpful! And so very sweet!! Thanks again!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!