View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #144
LoriBerry
Rubber Obsessor

I love it! A discussion of books on my favorite stamping site!

My book club is currently reading Bleak House by Dickens. We're concentrating on the classics this year (my big idea) and we've already read In This House of Brede by Rumer Godden (this is the author that Bruce and Demi's daughter is named for), Pride and Prejudice (awesome book) and To Kill a Mockingbird, which is even better the umpteenth time around.

We read Reading Lolite in Tehran a few years ago. I really didn't like it. It felt like she took her diary, translated it into English (poorly), and had it published.

We loved The Kite Runner and Life of Pi and many, many others. A new favorite that we just loved is The Mercy of Thin Air by Romlyn (sp?) Donague. I passed it on to my sisters and aunt. It's a must read.

And most of us are huge Diana Gabaldon fans! The Outlander series is a favorite. A Breath of Snow and Ashes is not her last book in the series. She is currently writing the next one. Don't know if there will be more after that. She probably doesn't even know. Depends how far she gets. There was supposed to be an ending based on an event in Breath, but it passed and the story continues. (Can't say more -- it's a spoiler for those who haven't read it.) Check out her web page (do a google search for Diana Gabaldon. It won't let me post the link)

Sorry this is so long. I just can go on and on about books!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!