View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #131
Jen71
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Brown67
"Has anyone read the Diana Gabaldon series? I got it for Xmas and I haven't even touched it. I am a big reader, so it surprises me that I've had them but not touched them for so long, but for some reason I guess I'm a little intimidated by them. For starters, those books are just HUGE and I've heard many times that they are pretty wordy...so I keep looking at them but choosing something else."

Stop procrastinating and start reading!!!!!
This series is AMAZING!! You will love the characters and love the story. One of the books, I think it's Voyager. or something about a voyage, has some stuff that's hard to swallow, but you won't care because you'll be so invested in the story! I've read the entire series and reread first two, plus a few other things Gabaldon has published. LOVE her!!!

Melissa
I love this series too and have read and re-read all of them! Great adventure, plus it really gave me a new perspective on life in colonial America. It wasn't written to be as quaint as I had imagined. Does anyone know if A Breath of Snow and Ashes is definitely the last title in the series? I keep hoping for more...