Thread: Read Me first
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 06:52 AM   #471
bronwenstamps
Glitter Queen

Send a message via AIM to bronwenstamps Send a message via Yahoo to bronwenstamps
Smile New here -- Hidy!

Hi, I'm new to this site, but not new to stamping! I've been stampin' for goin' on ten years now (Whoa! when I stopped to think about it, I was amazed it had been that long!). Most of that time, I've been stampin' by myself--and while it's fun to stamp alone, sometimes company and 'partners in stamping' would be most welcome. I have a new, offline, friend who is a stampin' fiend herself (including SU) <g>, and she told me about SCS, and urged me to join. So, yesterday, I did just that. I can see it's going to be hard to tear myself away from here to go make cards and other paper arts! I'll have to really discipline myself on that part. LOL.
I am married to a dh who encourages my art and who allows me to buy as many stamps, papers, and the accompanying enhancements as our budget allows! I am a very happy SAHW/M. have an only child, my dd, whom I taught to rubberstamp when she was little. She's now in her second year of college in our hometown in Texas, and still loves to rubberstamp, and do collage, just like Mom. In fact, she used collage in one of her art projects (she's a graphics arts major) and received an A! Woo hoo!
I enjoy papercrafts related to rubberstamping, but am not into scrapbooking; however, I routinely rob the scrapbook world for things I want to use in my rubberstamp/cardmaking alternate universe. I am attracted to designer paper like a magpie is attracted to shiny objects. I love using things that are 'outside the box' for my cards and other papercrafts, and I recycle things a great deal of the time so as to keep the budget solvent!
I go by either "Bronwen" or "Bron", whichever you prefer. The name is Welsh, and means "fair lady". We do have Welsh blood in our family, but only discovered this when I was ten, and my granddaddy decided to do some family genealogy. Presto! Not only Scots-Irish, but Welsh blood runs through our veins. My Mother named me after the central character/heroine in a wonderful book by Richard Llewellyn, called "How Green Was My Valley", which is a story based on his childhood in a Welsh coal mining family. I highly recommend the book, being only a tad bit biased. <g>
I love learning new techniques, and now I won't have to be pumping my offline friend so much about them--because I expect all the new techniques will be here at SCS. I look forward to meeting and making new friends here. Also, I am thankful I won't have to rely on my own ingenuity (which IS good, but...) or magazines (PaperCrafts and esp. RubberStampMadness are GREAT!) for inspiration anymore.
If you've read this far, congratulations! I'm a 'wordy birdie', as you will note. <VBG>
Bron/Bronwen

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!