View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #115
buggab0o0
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to buggab0o0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef
OOh, I remember reading Night when I was in high school for an AP class. What a story. It was remarkable, but probably not something I'll read again. It really hit me pretty hard. For such a tiny book, it packs a punch.
I completely agree... I read it in High school I think 10th grade honors, there are several books I would love to pick up again that I read when i was in High school. Lord of the flies, To kill a mocking bird, Of mice and Men, so many... I think as a kid when you read them and are kind of forced the true meaning isn't always found... ya know.... you don't enjoy it so much... Like Grapes of Wrath - ugh I could not read that Steinbeck novel...

But Night was one of my favorites, it really had a big punch, was super sad, but Weisel did an awesome job expressing the things he had seen and went through as a child in the Holocaust. I keep trying to get my BIL who is in 10th grade to read it, but he is not so much into some stories ( He drives me nuts sometimes LoL) I mean there are some parts I know I would skim ( If not skip ) over - one in particular I would avoid, but most of it I could handle, again. It was an amazing and heart wrenching story, but so inspirational , that this boy survived the Holocaust, lost everyone he had, and is an amazing person in our culture today ( and not many people truely know who he is ) I know it won several awards as well
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!