Thread: Cricut Chatter
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #398
jostvig
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette B
Hey Everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I want a cricut soooo badly but DH says I have to save for it and it just seems the $$$ has to go to other things when I get some going. Anyone have ideas how to save or any ideas on the (oh no) Xyron system? Any comparisons? I just want to do more with scrapping and card making and I'm so battling myself. It's like I dont want to wait I want it now. Any one feel that way? I saw a good deal (I thought) on e-bay Cricut machine (new) with 4 cartridges and carring case for $300 Tried to talk Dh in buying for b'day but didn't work. Sure could use any help and or advice.
First I wouldn't try to do a deal where you get every thing at once. Michaels ahd a great deal just 2 weeks ago on the cricut for 139. It's the best price I have seen. I imagine joanns and other stores will sell teh smaller cricut also when the new expressions comes out in June(supposedly). Just keep your eyes open. As for how to save, I just keep an envelope for expensive stuff in my craft room when I wan to buy something else like a paper for example I just say hum I'll put it in the envelope and make do. I just also cut corners all over the grocery budget to do the same thing. Or the entertainment budget, like if I want to go to the theatre. I rent a movie instead and put the difference in the envelop. I find that the money saved adds up quick. I have always been a change saver. I only spend with cash and save the change. It can all add up. I dont think the DH would ever say sure go spend 60 buck on a cartridge, but he has no problem with me spending 60$ If I have saved it in the ways I've mentioned. HTH Hope you get your cricut soon.
If you find a friend in the same situation agree to go halfsies, or thirds. then you only have to save half as much
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!