View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 07:19 AM   #101
Stef
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggab0o0
Okay so I finally picked up Harry potter and am starting from the beginning.. I picked up book one and 2 at walmart.
another one I would love to pick up again is Night by elie weisel.... that was an awesome semi biographical story- but sad and emotional.
OOh, I remember reading Night when I was in high school for an AP class. What a story. It was remarkable, but probably not something I'll read again. It really hit me pretty hard. For such a tiny book, it packs a punch.

Right now I'm about to start re-reading my Nora Roberts collection. I have nearly all of them and love them because I dont have to work hard to follow along, etc. Plus, it's so nice to "escape" sometimes (even if it is just to a fanciful place).

Has anyone read the Diana Gabaldon series? I got it for Xmas and I haven't even touched it. I am a big reader, so it surprises me that I've had them but not touched them for so long, but for some reason I guess I'm a little intimidated by them. For starters, those books are just HUGE and I've heard many times that they are pretty wordy...so I keep looking at them but choosing something else.