Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SBDC38 March, 2007

Happy Friday everyone! I am filling in for Tracy who is going on a vacation this weekend. What an exciting Diva Celebration she has planned for us all to enjoy!

Last week we saw the work of The Super Stylin Sistas. This week, lets welcome the Detailed Divalicious Darlings....

mholles (SBDC38A)

Scrapdillyicious (SBDC38B)

Favorite Grandma (SBDC38C)

So, same as last week they did not know what to expect from this assignment. Tracy gave them some limits to what they could or could not do for their challenge. Let's give them a round of applause!!!!

For your completed challenge please upload with SBDC38 and add A, B, OR C to indicate which person's challenge you completed.

All three gals began their challenge with the following:

Your challenge will be fun and exciting. Mild as far as the challenge part of it goes, a bit out of the ordinary and interesting to say the least. Each one has a different spin to it...
You will be provided with a sketch. You must use the sketch but you are free to adjust it to fit your needs. Try to keep the basics visible even if there is a need to switch it up a bit. You will be completing double-page layout or two single page layouts using the sketch. Just flip the sketch for the second page.

Try to "stick to the basics"...We are reviving old products for a few fun, new tricks and some will be experimenting with the new and trendy treasures.

SBDC38 March, 2007-mar0712x12e.jpg
Old 03-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Default mholles (SBDC38A)

Melanie's List (SBDC38A):

Your limited supplies will be:

I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new while completing this assignment/challenge. Get creative with your list of "embellishments". Here they are:

Renew the look of a basic supply...For example: cutting tools, cardstock, scissors, small embellishments (brads, eyelets, paper clips, staples). Please use the items that are listed to jazz up your pages. You are LIMITED to using earth tones plus one color outside of this group for a punch of color.

You may use stamps on your page, Ink is ok but in moderation
NO patterned papers please. Make the main focus your photos, fun revived embellishments, and the faster the better.

Now for some more details (thus the name of your group):

Everything on your pages should be balanced and pleasing to the eye: arrangement, title, journaling, photos. Use the rule of three if you wish but remember to try new ideas.

YOUR MAIN FOCUS: Journaling- find and share creative ways and tips to make journaling a bit easier for those that don't.

Of course the normal neccessities are fine to use as well:
Paper Cutter, Solid colors of CS, Adhesive of your choice, Scissors, Journaling Pen

A bit of info from Melanie about her page:

I used your sketch for one side and found a coordinating sketch for my second side. I caried the circles across both sides. I also carried the pattern paper I made the purple and the green on both sides, so that the eye would move from one side to the other. I also used brads in a semi-circular pattern in 3 places and also the cut out images are in 3 places.

Melanie's Tip:

Journaling is second in importance to the photos on a layout. In this case, I used a stamped saying as part of my journaling - it's a good option if you feel you can't express yourself very well. But journaling takes practice - don't be afraid to write something out as you're working on the layout and think about it and make changes to it. There is also the option of hidden journaling if what you have is too long to fit on the page or you don't want others to see it for some reason. On this layout, I used my own hadnwriting. Even if you don't like your handwriting, it's important to include it on some of your layouts. At the very least, your journaling needs to include the names of people in the photos, place, and date.

Here is Melanie's page:

SBDC38 March, 2007-img_1544.jpg
Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Scrapdillyicious (SBDC38B)

Mary Catherine's List (SBDC38B):

Trendy: Trash to Treasure
Your assignment is to make an inexpensive page in as little time as possible. Use what you have on hand (stamps, ink, paper, ribbon, anything most scrappers already have on hand). You must use 1 or 2 items that is true to today's trendy favs. For example: chipboard made from "found" heavy cardboard (packaging works well) or other package treasures (foil, plastic- just anything found. Oh and since doodling is such a popular trend you may do that as well if you wish.

Please use the items that are listed to jazz up your pages. You are LIMITED to using earth tones plus one color outside of this group for a punch of color.

NO patterned papers please. Make the main focus your photos, fun revived embellishments, and the faster the better.

Everything on your pages should be balanced and pleasing to the eye: arrangement, title, journaling, photos. Use the rule of three if you wish but remember to try new ideas.

YOUR MAIN FOCUS: using what could be considered "trash" and making into a "treasure" on your pages.

Paper Cutter, Solid colors of CS, Adhesive of your choice, Scissors, Journaling Pen

Mary Catherine's Page:

SBDC38 March, 2007-img_0018mc.jpg
Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Sorry, but SCS is giving me problems right now. I will leave you in suspense as to what Peggy did until tomorrow sometime. Let me just tell you it is good. Sorry about the delay :(
Old 03-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Default Favorite Grandma (SBDC38C)

Peggys info:

I chose to do a dps, but didn't have them exactly the same as they are different activities, but happened the same day. On the first page, I cut the small circles focusing on our hands while we were working on our jack-o-lantern. I used eyelets for the circle and did the paper piercing on the top strip to simulate the pumpkin poking. On the second page I tried to use different stamps that reminded me of noodles. The sub-title up the side says It's the cheesiest.
Most of my pages are about the activates and adventures DH and I have with our DGD. I doubt I will ever run out of material to scrap.

Peggy's Pages:

SBDC38 March, 2007-peggy1a.jpg
SBDC38 March, 2007-peggy2b.jpg
Old 03-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Love the pages! can't wait to use the sketch. Awesome job ladies!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Fantastic layouts! Great tips and ideas, too.

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Just so everyone knows. You can't see it very well. Since my page was Trash to treasure. I used chipboard that was with my inspration sheet and used a cutting system to make my own. I bought nothing for these pages. Everything I used I already had. Eventhough I was very temped to run out and get the latest and greatest stuff for you guys. I withheld, My DH locked the doors and windows till I was done. He is so helpful isn't he.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Mel, I love your pages. Awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampernmore
Melanie's List (SBDC38A):

Your limited supplies will be:

I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new while completing this assignment/challenge. Get creative with your list of "embellishments". Here they are:

Renew the look of a basic supply...For example: cutting tools, cardstock, scissors, small embellishments (brads, eyelets, paper clips, staples). Please use the items that are listed to jazz up your pages. You are LIMITED to using earth tones plus one color outside of this group for a punch of color.

YOUR MAIN FOCUS: Journaling- find and share creative ways and tips to make journaling a bit easier for those that don't.

A bit of info from Melanie about her page:

I used your sketch for one side and found a coordinating sketch for my second side. I caried the circles across both sides. I also carried the pattern paper I made the purple and the green on both sides, so that the eye would move from one side to the other. I also used brads in a semi-circular pattern in 3 places and also the cut out images are in 3 places.

Melanie's Tip:

Journaling is second in importance to the photos on a layout. In this case, I used a stamped saying as part of my journaling - it's a good option if you feel you can't express yourself very well. But journaling takes practice - don't be afraid to write something out as you're working on the layout and think about it and make changes to it. There is also the option of hidden journaling if what you have is too long to fit on the page or you don't want others to see it for some reason. On this layout, I used my own hadnwriting. Even if you don't like your handwriting, it's important to include it on some of your layouts. At the very least, your journaling needs to include the names of people in the photos, place, and date.

Here is Melanie's page:

Attachment 48850
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I like your too Ms Peggy. Great colors. You inspire me!!!!;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampernmore
Peggys info:

I chose to do a dps, but didn't have them exactly the same as they are different activities, but happened the same day. On the first page, I cut the small circles focusing on our hands while we were working on our jack-o-lantern. I used eyelets for the circle and did the paper piercing on the top strip to simulate the pumpkin poking. On the second page I tried to use different stamps that reminded me of noodles. The sub-title up the side says It's the cheesiest.

Most of my pages are about the activates and adventures DH and I have with our DGD. I doubt I will ever run out of material to scrap.

Peggy's Pages:

Attachment 48855
Attachment 48856
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

love your pages Melanie. such pretty pictures, great paper choices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapdillyicious
Just so everyone knows. You can't see it very well. Since my page was Trash to treasure. I used chipboard that was with my inspration sheet and used a cutting system to make my own. I bought nothing for these pages. Everything I used I already had. Eventhough I was very temped to run out and get the latest and greatest stuff for you guys. I withheld, My DH locked the doors and windows till I was done. He is so helpful isn't he.
I know from chatting with you, that you have a room full of scrapbook stuff - so glad you got this challenge so you could use some of your stash! ;)
I'm not sure how you did the leaves and pumpkins, but they look great! Love what you did for the challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

The leaves were done with a punch out border. Instead of using the actual leaves as the border I used what was left and sponged with a chocolate cats eye chalk. I did the say for the pumpkins. They were part of a set of die cuts I got at a all day crop. I have had them lying around for quite awhile. My DH is so happy I am actually using my stuff I buy. And yes you are right. I have way toooo much stuff. In order for me to use it all I will have to have more kids. Or start scrapping other peoples kids. Thus the need to participate in Scrapbook Photo swaps.
I think Tracy knew I needed to clean out my room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The leaves were done with a punch out border. Instead of using the actual leaves as the border I used what was left and sponged with a chocolate cats eye chalk. I did the say for the pumpkins. They were part of a set of die cuts I got at a all day crop. I have had them lying around for quite awhile. My DH is so happy I am actually using my stuff I buy. And yes you are right. I have way toooo much stuff. In order for me to use it all I will have to have more kids. Or start scrapping other peoples kids. Thus the need to participate in Scrapbook Photo swaps.
Oooo.....thanks for that info. Makes you look at die-cuts in a different way.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 06:04 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Beautiful pages, ladies...I am so inspired!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #16  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice work all of you!!! Tracy sure did give you some interesting limitations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

So that's how you did those I was wondering too. They look great! And it's a great idea to use those die cuts that I'll never use otherwise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favorite Grandma
love your pages Melanie. such pretty pictures, great paper choices.
I love your pages too Peggy. I love how they look so different, but still came from the same sketch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is what Peggy's limits were on her challenge. I missed that part in the post.

Sorry :(

NO patterned papers please. Make the main focus your photos, fun revived emebellishments, and the faster the better.

Everything on your pages should be balanced and pleasing to the eye: arrangement, title, journaling, photos. Use the rule of three if you wish but remember to try new ideas. Use basic shapes in new ways such as squares, circles, rectangles, or triangles.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #20  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default THANK YOU LADIES & TY Sheri!

Great job ladies...but I already told ya that. ;)

Sheri- fantabulous job posting...thanks so much! I couldn't have done it any better myself.

Much love Sheri and all the scrap-fabulous gals (MC, Mel, and Peggy)!!!!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

No thank you missy for picking us to do the challange. This was alot of fun. I hope you consider me again. I can't wait for another challange.
And Yes Sheri did an AWESOME job in posting everything. Wonderful darlin just wonderful.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
Great job ladies...but I already told ya that. ;)

Sheri- fantabulous job posting...thanks so much! I couldn't have done it any better myself.

Much love Sheri and all the scrap-fabulous gals (MC, Mel, and Peggy)!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2007, 06:51 AM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

You guys are so sweet to me I was happy to help!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

wonderful !! how fun

MY Blog
Reply With Quote Likes