Thread: Cuttlebug FAQ
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #156
buggainok
Forum Fanatic

That is very interesting, Julia.

I recently bought a whole bunch of the Sizzix Simple Impressions brass embossing folders because they were on sale really cheap, like about $2 each.

I don't own a Sizzix, and have never even used one. I only recently got the Cuttlebug, which I am enjoying tremendously.

That said, I do think you can't blame the Sizzix people for wanting people to buy their machine, and not Cuttlebug. It has been my life experience that self-interest always plays a big part in all marketing and advertising. "Use or buy our product - it is the best, the only, bla bla bla."

Whether what they say about damaging the plates is true or not??? I would be inclined to consider the source, myself. I am kind of cynical about big corporations and think a lot of what they say to consumers is really kind of "scare tactics" to keep you loyal to them. They want you to fear you will break their product if you deviate in any way.

There are lots of products with warnings that if you do X, Y, or Z, you will void the warranty. Well, even if you follow all the rules, lots of times the warranty is not worth much in the end, if you actually try to collect on it.

But if I was a big Sizzix person and had lots of Sizzix stuff that I used with my Sizzix, I might feel differently.

I bought the Sizzix Simple Impressions folders strictly to use in my Cuttlebug, and have used them quite a bit. They do not appear to be suffering any damage at all.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!