View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #81
nickelini
Mad Swapper

Default Mansfield Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by lishee
I agree. I tried reading that a few years ago and it was hard to get through. I love Jane Austen though.
Well, I finished Mansfield Park, and in the end I thought it was excellent. It really helped that I read it for a class, and we discussed it. As with book clubs, it helps sooooo much to discuss a book with others who have read it. And it helps to read this book slowly. If you speed through at a Danielle Steel pace, you'll miss everything but the plot line. Almost each sentence in this book is packed with meaning. Jane Austen is really amazing.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in social commentary where the important action is psychological. It really makes no difference that the book is 200 years old because people are people. So not among my very favourites, but a a good read if you're willing to put in a little effort. But I always found the books that take a little effort to be more rewarding.

View My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!