View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 04:35 AM   #1
showmestamper
Gallery Gazer

Default TLC106 - Frayed Ribbon

Todayís TLC was suggested by Chris/inkpad. The technique is Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon and check this out:
Best Witches
Isnít that FUN? Thank you so much Chris for the tutorial!

Here is a thread where Chris describes the process:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...47#post3243247

and there are additional examples link in that thread as well.

Here is my sample:
Pumpkin Delight

Here are a few tips that I would like to add after trying the technique:
While fabric shears are not required, SHARP scissors are essential!! You will make yourself crazy trying to trim off the selvage of the ribbon with dull scissors.

I used the point of the scissors to pull out the end of the long fibers while I held the long edge of the ribbon with the selvage still attached firmly to the table with my fingernail.

When I did my tag, I actually threaded the ribbons thru the hole BEFORE I frayed them. I did one side of the ribbon and then slid the ribbon a little bit to the other side of the tag and repeated the process. Another idea to manage all those long fibers is to wrap one end of the ribbon securely with regular scotch tape, fray and then thread through the hole of the tag with the wrapped end and cut off the tape.

Please use the keyword TLC106 and be sure to separate additional keywords with a comma (not a space) otherwise the gallery search function wonít work right. J

Thanks for playing along, and have fun!
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!