Thread: Need a Poem?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #73
Rush'd Lady
Mad Swapper

Default A Word about Letters

2 Kings 19:14 Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it out before the Lord.

2 Chronicles 2: 11 Hiram king of Tyre replied by letter to Solomon: "Because the Lord loves his people, he has made you their king."

Esther 9:30 And Mordecai sent letters to all the Jews in the 127 provinces of the kingdom of Xerxes -- words of goodwill and assurance --

Psalm 119:103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Proverbs 15:30 & 16:24 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; and good news gives health to the bones. . . Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Proverbs 25: 11, 25 A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. . .Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Ecclesiastes 12:10 The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true.

Acts 15: 30-31 The men were sent off and went down to Antioch, where they gathered the church together and delivered the letter. The people read it and were glad for its encouraging message.

2 Corinthians 3:2, 3 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Corinthians 10:11 Such people should realize that what we are in our letters when we are absent, we will be in our actions when we are present.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 & 3:17 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter . . . I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write.

2 John :12 I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!