View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 07:35 AM   #24
blueyes63
Insane Embellisher

Smile

My family loves boating, fishing and salmon! Since we live right on Lake Michigan, during the summer my husband and boys (they're crazy for fishing) take the boat out and provide us with enough salmon for the 4 of us and the rest of the neighborhood!

Of course a BIG 20 lb King Salmon from Lake Michigan seems small compared to the 50 lb. one that dncbanks said she got in Alaska - WOW! That is one BIGGGG fish! It must have been about 4 feet long!

There are so many delicious ways to cook salmon. My favorite is to broil them with a little butter, salt, pepper, dill weed and lemon juice. It took me a while to finally realize the lemon juice should go on first - that way it doesn't rinse off the spices - ha!

My brother (another avid fisherman and great cook!), has a terrific recipe where he marinades it in soy sauce, garlic and I forget what else - it is great!

Costco has beautiful salmon filets with a basil butter that is delicious - perfect substitute during the winter when the lake is frozen!

If you aren't crazy about fish, try soaking it in milk for a while - it takes the fishy taste out of it.

Also, when cooking fish, you can test it to see if it "flakes", and salmon should be pink - not transluscent like when it is raw.

I've never had salmon for breakfast but it's sounding pretty good right now!

Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!