View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #37
Cara Denise
Matboard Maniac

Miz Scarlett75

I have nothing but the utmost respect for your beliefs, and the fact that you are willing to openly discuss them in a forum that is, I believe, predominately Christian.
And while I may question why you believe the way you do, I would never condemn them. I'm simply trying to understand.

My oldest brother was an agnostic, and you could not meet a better all round person. He passed away several years ago and his death left many people feeling his loss.

Since I don't believe that one's religion or beliefs makes one a righteous or perfect person, who am I to say my beliefs are better than yours?

I have my own struggles with what I call organized religion and have since I was a young child. Over the years I have often questioned what I thought was the right "belief" ... now, as I've grown older, I'm find I'm not so comfortable in the shoes I've chosen to wear since I married.

I think it's really a matter of being honest with ones self ... to that end I have to say that I don't consider myself an atheist but maybe closer to the pagan belief of spirit, earth and nature.

I just need to really admit it to myself and start exploring - so to speak.
It'll be interesting to see what may come of this thread and who knows maybe the discussions that take place here will help find my correct shoe size hmmmmm?

And I'm thinking I need to make a trip tp the book store.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!