View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett75
I'll have to check out some of Quinn's books. I'm currently working my way through a stack of Evolutionary Psych books that I'm reviewing for a publishing company. *bored* Then, I'm going to tackle an older Dawkins title, "Unweaving the Rainbow".

So...can I ask you this... why do you believe in multiple Gods? Is it just a belief in a higher power that drives you to believe? I guess my question is really: how did you come to be a pagan? What is your brand of paganism?
Don't think you noticed the "some" before Pagans in my previous post. I'm not one of those Pagans.

I believe there is some spark of life force (let the force be with you kind of stuff) but not an entity one could call god who made plans for his creation and sent his son to save us. I've read too much history and anthropology to accept such a theory. I believe religions have evolved over time as man has tried to explain "how things came to be this way." (phrase from Quinn's works)

Michener is the one who got me thinking long and hard about religion after reading The Source. Excellent book, btw.

Rainsong