Thread: Cuttlebug FAQ
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #57
amysings
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edie32
Here is MY issue/question.
I want to use the embossing set - the Fanciful squares - as a dimensional area directly on my card - no other layering - but it leaves an impression of the whole little folder.

HOW are people highlighting the embossed BG's w/o gettting it in the recessed areas?
It is frustrating. I haven't bought any more of those smaller folders for this reason. I have been able to use it better on a bottom corner. Sometimes you can turn the cardstock over, and use your bone folder to kinda rub out some of the edges. Another thing that has happened is that my Bug has kinda "stretched out" a bit since I got it. Those edge lines aren't as noticeable as they were at first. Also, a slightly thinner paper doesn't seem to pick up the lines as much.

Some people are using brayers (with a very light touch) to get that highlighting. I haven't been able to make it work well, so I gave up. I have chalked some backgrounds, and that worked well for me! You might get more answers to your questions on the Cuttlebugitis thread. We are very helpful and amusing (at least to ourselves!) over there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!