Thread: Cuttlebug FAQ
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #49
Magert40
Glitter Queen

First of all, I want to thank you for the heads up on the defective B plates. I called Provo Craft and they were very happy to replace them for me, in fact they came in the mail today. I tested them out on light chipboard and they didn't even make a sound! HOWEVER, after cutting several items with both Sizzix Originals and Cuttlebug dies, the handle stopped cranking. It would go so far one way and stop. Then it would go so far another way and stop. I asked my husband if he knew what could be wrong and his first thought was that a tooth broke off one of the gears. He took the side plate off, and sure enough a tooth had broken off the top gear and was wedge into one of the lower gears. I've only had the machine a week and I haven't used it that much and I certainly haven't abused it. The manual says that you can use materials up to 1/8th inch thick. The chipboard I was using was 1/16th at the most. I'm very disappointed to say the least. Also,the plastic handle at the end of the crank keeps falling off no matter how tightly I turn the srew. I will be calling Provo Craft first thing Monday and I sure hope thy will let me get a replacement. If not, I just may tell them to refund my money and I'll get a Big Shot instead. I hope that I just got a defective machine and the next one won't be so shoddy. Sorry to be a downer (I still love my Cricut!) but when you pay hard earned money for something, you don't want it to fall apart on you after one week! I just had to get that out. Thanks for listening!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!