View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #512
muffincards
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadfreak22
muffin, I think that having a sibling with a "difference" must be very difficult, and I applaud you for wanting to take special care with your other child.
Thanks for saying it. It sounds like it's tough for everyone here. Even though my friends are supportive, I don't think anyone really "gets it" unless they have a child with a developmental disability.

CaseyK, it sounds like your child's meltdowns are related to the sensory issues AND also just being 20 months old. But that's just me saying this! Sometimes it's hard to remember that our kids DO have typical behaviors on top of their autistic- or asperger-like behaviors too.

And not to freak you out even more, but there are some learning disabilities that are associated with very high language ability at a very early age. I believe one in particular is called NLD (non-verbal learning disability). I wouldn't start thinking about that now though because your child is so young.

As someone said above, be sure to express your concerns to your doctors/therapists, but in the meantime remember that she is only 20 months old. Hope that helps, Catherine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!