View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #510
sra_nelson
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyK
I hope you ladies don't mind if I post here asking some questions. My dd is almost 20 months old. She has albinism(lack of pigment in skin, hair and eyes), and has developmental delays that are associated with sensory integration dysfunction. I am starting to wonder if perhaps she may have aspergers. She has these horrible meltdowns where she just can't control herself, she could probably hurt herself if we didn't pick her up and stop her from hurting herself. She has a high vocabulary for her age but most likely doesn't understand everything she is saying based on the words she says. She sometimes has a hard time adjusting to new situations and doesn't like to be away from me or dh. This is all I can think of right now,I have a migraine, but I know there are other thigns that I was worried about. Anyways, I was just curious if her things were related to aspergers, something else, or if it was all just sensory integration dysfunction.

Any words of advice would help. Oh and she has an occupational therapist, vision therapist, mobility therapist, and will be starting swim therapy in a few weeks.

Anyways, thank you and sorry if this is long or doesn't make sense.

It sounds like you have a good support system set up for her. That is always good. I'm sure there are others on this thread that have more experience than I do but my son is almost 4 and was just diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. His actual diagnosis changes nothing for what the therapists were already doing for him. I just now have a more accurate picture of what we're dealing with.

I would bring up any concerns with the therapists if you haven't already and they should be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!