View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #92
Gina K. Designs
Gabfest Goddess

Just keep in mind that I started this thread just to find out if there is any particular etiquette. I only asked because "one" and only one person asked me to remove them from my blog. I found out that it was religious based. (They have a different view point on religion than I do and they felt that they didn't want to be affiliated with any blogs that talk about anything Christian. Now, my blog is not a religious blog. LOL If you are one of my readers, you already know that! LOL, LOL...sorry.)

So, really, I have decided to link blogs and sites that I read or that I think my readers would enjoy. If someone doesn't want to be there, they can ask to be removed. Until then, it's not worth contacting everyone all over. I did contact a few and then I thought, ahh, the heck with it. I'm putting them up. And I do have some blogs that I put there because the person has been so supportive of my blog,and I want to direct a little traffic to theirs.

Now, maybe some people feel like, if they contact someone else first, that that person may reciprocate by doing the same thing. Of course, that's great if the other person is so inclined, however, I'm guess I finding that I don't have time to ask everyone if I can link to them so many don't even know that I do unless they read mine.

But I would suggest that you all don't take down any of your links. Most bloggers are majorly flattered that you would include them. I know I am and many have expressed the same "no permission needed" viewpoint that I have.

So blog away! Link away! Don't worry! The internet by nature is a "look at me" kind of place. If you want to say something private, the net is NOT the place to talk. Now if there is one site that everyone should link to theirs, It's Splitcoast. I hyperlink to it a lot in my entries and next time I do an update, I will add it to my favs.

Have a great day everyone!
Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!