01-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Where ever I go...there I am!
Master Thread Link
To print the layout: - (nc means no color) If you see a small layout click on it or if you see an icon click on the words next to it.
-When the black surround screen appears click only on the layout and a white screen with the layout should appear.
-Right click and click on print from the pop up box or hold down your shift key and P key at the same time.
-Now you're ready to choose print and it should print to actual size of the card depending on your computer.
UPLOADING TO THE GALLERY
Follow these links for help.
Beth - How to upload to the gallery.
Follow these instructions! (open the PDF file attached at the bottom of this post for a visual view of a card page)
If it's easier for you - open two windows one to the challenge and one to your card.
To open a second window, hold down on your shift key as you click on the link. This also works if you right click on the link (such as gallery) and click on Open in New Window.
1. Bring your card to full view
2. Click on the http: address at the top of your screen and it will highlite in blue (it's not an SCS feature, it's always there when you're on the internet)
right click and click on cut
3. Go to the challenge thread, click on reply and type out what you'd like to say
4. Right click and click on paste and the link address will appear
5. Click on Preview Post, test your links to make sure the right pages are linked
6. Click on Submit Reply and you're done
-You can only cut and paste one card at a time.
-You can link as many cards for the challenge in one reply as you need.
LINKING WITHIN WORDS in the challenge thread (example – Here’s my card)
You must be in your User Control Panel where you view Private Messages.
1. Click on Edit Options to the left of the message box.
2. Down at the very bottom you will see Miscellaneous Options, in the white bar with the down arrow set to Standard Editor – extra formatting controls.
3. Click on Save Changes.
Now go back to your posting a message/reply page
After typing in what you want to say in your post follow these steps:
1. Write in your post Here's my card (or whatever you wish)
2. Highlight the words with your mouse.
3. Click on the dark blue icon in the grey section above the box you type your message in. Its right under the smiley face. If you hold your mouse on it it'll say 'Insert Link'.
A box will pop up on your screen.
4. Right click and paste the address from the card page where you see the blue highlighted http. If the http:// isn't highlighted make sure you highlite it first then drop your address over it. Double check to make sure you don't have two http:// or the link will not take.
5. Click okay and you’re done linking.
6. Click on Preview Message and test your links by clicking on them.
7. Click on Submit Reply and you’re done.
EDITING in the gallery: This can be done to fix keywords, add or change information on your card or replace a photo.
TO MAKE A TYPED EDIT for the card description you will:
Bring your card to full view and click on the edit photo button located in the lower right corner of the description box.
Click in the box/line you wish to change and make the edit.
Scroll down to the bottom and click on submit.
CHANGE A PHOTO: Bring your card to full view and click on the edit photo button located in the lower right corner of the description box. There is no need to delete anything.
Click on the browse button and retrieve the new photo just like you normally do when uploading a card.
Scroll down, click submit and you’re done.
When you edit this way, you WILL NOT loose comments on your card.
If you are not a paid member to SCS your card should go through upload approval but will not go through daily uploads again.
If you are a paid member: you should see the change right away
The thumbnail may take up to 24 hours to change for any member.
Last edited by Rox71; 12-15-2011 at 08:29 AM..