Thread: Need a Poem?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #59
Rush'd Lady
Mad Swapper

Barbara Johnson has a great idea in one of her books for memorizing scripture -- write it on the products you use everyday. For example, type up several large address labels in your word processor and stick them on: “The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of DAWN, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.” (Prov. 4:20); “The prospect of the righteous is JOY but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing.” (Prov. 15:30); or “Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily BREAD.” (Prov. 30:.

This would be a cute idea to attach scriptures to products for a bride-to-be’s kitchen shower also. Start her marriage off right!
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Remember these products? Good for an invitation card to church! DUZ you DREFT along with the TIDE? Well, sister/brother, if you want JOY the TREND is to BREEZE along to church on Sunday. Too many WOODBURY their heads in a pillow or try to make a lawn SPARKLE. They forget that the Lord’s Day was made for LESTOIL, and the world LUX today. You all should WISK yourself out of bed, dress up SPIC and SPAN, and DASH into God’s house like a COMET to PRAISE!!!
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
A Candy Poster “Card” : Use a large piece of thick heavy cardstock or poster board for this card. Write words lightly with a pencil, leaving room for the addition of candy bars. Glue gum stick first (Wrigley’s or any brand stick gum) to poster board, then glue candy bar on top of gum with a hot glue gun or any strong tacky glue (I like Scotch brand). Go back over the penciled in wording with a marker.
You can use any candy bar and any verse to fit the occasion. Birthday, get well, new baby, hospital stay, etc. Everyone loves these candy board “cards”. The more you do, the easier it is to think of new messages for your cards.
Example:
Dear (SUGAR BABIES),
everything has been (ZERO) since you (WHATCHAMACALLIT) (KRACKLED).
Sure hope Dr. (HEATH) and nurse (BABY RUTH) are (LIFESAVERS) and not (BUTTERFINGERS). (GO AHEAD) and holler when he tells you to (ROLO) over. I won’t (SNICKERS).
I wish you (MOUNDS) of love on your (MILKYWAY) to recovery.
Hope you reach the (SUMMIT) be (TWIX) now and (PAYDAY).
Love,
(CHUNKY).
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Student Candy Gram:
“ I know you think your teachers are from MARS, but there is a RIESEN for it. They’re trying to cram MOUNDS of information into your brain in a short time. You’re on a TOOTSIE ROLL and working towards graduation, and that’s hard work. But think of it, when you graduate, you could be earning $100 GRAND a year!
Cheer up, you’re not a MILK DUD or a DUM DUM.
Don’t SKITTLES it yet and go NUTRAGEOUS.
Hang in there, study hard, and don’t worry about the SNICKERS from your friends.
WERTHER or not you succeed is up to you.
I have faith in you because you’ve always been my ALMOND JOY, (or BIT-0-HONEY or SUGAR BABY)
I’ll always be here for you. HUGS & KISSES. Mom
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Dirty Dishes Prayer: (for kitchen/ family dining scrapbooks)
“Thank God for dirty dishes;
they have a tale to tell.
While other folks go hungry,
we’re eating pretty well.
With home, and health, and happiness,
we shouldn’t want to fuss,
for by this stack of evidence,
God’s been very good to us!” Amen.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Pan Handle Mitten

“Don’t burn your fingers
On handle or spoon
Just slip this over --
Oh what a boon!”

Fold a flat stamped padded potholder in half long-wise & stitch up the side. Slip over the handle of the pan to prevent you from burning your hand.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Prayer Magnet: Stamp a heart or a quilt with markers on a small square of cardstock. Type or write saying below beneath image. Glue a piece of magnet to back.
“When this you see,
Please pray for me!”

<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Kitchen Refrigerator Magnet Craft:
Here’s to the powerful influence we have in our students’ lives! Take a packet of for-get-me-not flower seeds or rubber stamp a packet sleeve on cardstock (Posh Impressions has a great stamp for this) and insert a cello bag of homegrown seeds after you trim out the middle with a craft knife. Glue a magnet strip on the back of the package or sleeve. Stick a small paper note to the front in one of the lower corners that says: “Everyday and in every way, you are planting seeds for the future.” Gift your favorite teacher or stick to your own refrigerator if you are a teacher to remind you why you care! =0)
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Donut Seeds
(attach a small package of cheerios cereal to typed directions).

“No Garden should be without a bush or two”

Directions:
Plant in any sunny location, preferably closed to a coffee shop.
Anytime is good for planting, but iced donuts grow best in winter.
Plant in rows 5 feet apart and at least 10 feet deep.
For glazed donuts, sprinkle each seed with sugar when planting.
Guarantee: If you are not 100% satisfied, dig up the seeds & return package (unopened) to the Donut Seed Association for a refund.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Good Neighbors
An open door,
a kindly heart,
a ready hand to lend.
You’re more than special neighbors,
You’re also special friends.
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Eating Crow: Stamp a crow on a plain white coffee mug, fill with Hershey Kisses. Attach this poem to the handle & wrap all in plastic wrap, tied with curling ribbon.
“Consider while you sip this drink,
We both know that I really stink.
I’m sorry that we had a row,
Excuse me while I eat this crow.”
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Idea for Pastor’s Paint Can Birthday Gift: Make a small paint can with blue paper with waves on top. Stamp a boat and attach. Use a diecut anchor as the gift card and tie to the paint can handle. Cut out or stamp the words “Well, @ least your boat is still afloat.” and attach to paint can in a waving line.
Inside the paint can, stick a cello bag of gummy fish candy, along with some false teeth that chatter. Wrap up the teeth tightly so they don’t go off before the Pastor opens his package and stick on top of candy and other small “old fisherman or sailor” type gifts. Enjoy!
<>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!