View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 02:25 AM   #503
Dorinda
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to Dorinda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherof6
I hope you all had a great Christmas. Ours was long and is not over yet, one more set of grandparents to go.

Have any of you tried the weighted vests for kids with SI? I know sometimes if DS is starting to act up I will place a hand on his back and another on his chest and he seems to calm down. I was looking into these and was wondering if any of you had any input?

TIA!
In the class I work in we have weighted vests and weighted compression vests and a spare backpack with some bean bags (heavy) put into it..all work really well for calming and centering. We even have a denim vest that someone sewed the weighted stuff into the inside of the vest...it may be buckwheat hulls or flax seed...anyway the denim vest looks like a reg denim vest but fullfills the need. You can also make a tube of fabric and fill with buckwheat hulls or whole flax seed..sew closed and this can be warmed or cooled in the micro or freezer...these work well for added weight also. The kind of thing someone would use for sore muscles...can be used for weight, they would be filled fuller than normal but serve a dual purpose.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!