View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #218
ckstamps
Mad Swapper

Posted this on another thread but I'll post here too. I was in my son's school faire this past Saturday.

Here are my results:
1. marble magnets, sold in sets of 4: $3 made 12 sets/ sold out
2. calendar bookmarks: $1, marked down to $0.50 made 30, sold 11 after marking down
3. tooth fairy tins: $2 made 15/ sold out (everyone loved these, they were very popular amongst this particular crowd)
4. small square tile magnets: $2.50 made 36/ sold 14
5. set of 12 gift tags in pouch: $3 made 20/ sold 6
6. memo cubes: $4 made 15/ sold 6
7. mini notebook with pen: $3.50 marked down to $2 made 27/ sold 6
8. post it note holders: $4 made 12/ sold 5
9. color me card kits w/pack of 24 crayons: $5 made 13/ sold NONE (I was really surprised with this one, since I thought this crowd would go for this one)
10. large comp notebooks/journals: $7 made 14/ sold 3 (thought these would move better too; maybe price was too high)
11. painted frames: $10 made 2/ sold 2 (sold to another vendor before I even finished setting up my table, lol)
12. tile coasters, set of 4: $12 made 7 sets/ sold 3 sets
13. lunch tins, 1 recipe tin, 1 new mommy kit, 1 spa kit: $12-25 made 3 tins/ sold out (the recipe tin was less since it only had some dividers in them; the other tins were filled with gift items appropriate to the theme)
14. paint cans filled with themed goodies: $25 made 4/ sold NONE! (lots of interest in these, but no takers. Probably the price was too steep.

My total sales were about $325 for 7 hrs (including set up/break down time), and I paid $30 for the table. All in all, I'd say it was a successful day, but in the overall scheme of things, craft fairs don't seem to be worth the effort that goes into them. However, I did this primarily for the fundraising aspect. I would agree with another poster that if you are to make a go of this, you need to do multiple fairs in a season.

I have some pics posted in my gallery of my table set up and the things I made. Hope this helps someone! Good luck to you on your upcoming fairs!