View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #494
mustardseed
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I now live in Flin Flon, MB Waaaaaaaaaaaaay up north.
Send a message via MSN to mustardseed Send a message via Yahoo to mustardseed Send a message via Skype™ to mustardseed

This must be hard on you. Do you have any kind of support or help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna519
Holidays are a horrible time for our family. Matthew does not tolerate anyone coming to our home and he will push people right out the door as soon as they come here. Since he is an adult size (outweighs me by 100 pounds) and is very aggressive, we have gotten to the point where we just tell people not to bother.

This year for Thanksgiving, he was having a bad day, so we never got to have our Thanksgiving Dinner at my parents. My sister-in-law is fostering a one year old child, and Matthew attacks people so we chose just to stay away. Everyone understood because they know how he is. Just easier on everyone.

Halloween with kids coming to the door, we decided just to lock up the house, drive into the city and meet my husband for dinner in the city. We took our time, and of course Matthew hurries us through it, because he can not tolerate the noise in restaurants. Crowds are a bad thing for him.

Christmas Day is always a horrible time for us. I think that this year, I might just cook a small turkey and have Christmas Dinner here, just the three of us. Would make things alot easier for our family. We usually go to my parents but with my brother's family there, Matthew acts up even more and will attack them. He thinks he is playing with them, but because of his strength and size, he hurts people. We don't bother going to my inlaws either as they invite about 30 people there, and Matthew wouldn't be able to handle it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!