View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
Forum Fanatic
Default Technique Lovers Challenge 04 --- won't you play too?

Good morning, stampers! This week's challenge is BLEACH.
When posting your creation, please add TLC04 to the Keywords section, and then come back here and post a link. If you need help uploading or posting a link, please PM me.

There are many ways to use bleach, but first let's talk about how to protect our stamps from the harsh effects of bleach. The big key is to first ink up your stamp with versamark and then into the bleach pad (see below on how to make one), and to clean your stamp well (I tap it first into a wet paper towel, and then on scrubby thing sprayed with Stampin' Mist). Also, don't wear your favorite clothes...accidents happen, and we all know what bleach can do! LOL And don't forget to protect your work surface too.

Here's one way to make a bleach pad: Take a disposable sandwich sized container (like Glad brand). Cut a piece of felt to fit the bottom. Pour a small glug of bleach on the felt. You want it to be good and damp, but not sitting in a puddle of bleach. If you need to, squeeze out the excess. If you don't have felt, you can use a folded paper towel, preferably one without much texture to it. It is my opinion that felt gives a much cleaner and sharper stamped image.

Okay, so now you are ready to go. There are several "techniques"
Simply Bleaching: Simply stamp an image in bleach. Some of the flowers I made for LS04 on the bottom are bleached.

Bleach Overstamping: Stamp the image in bleach, then stamp again in ink. Here's an example:

Marker over Bleach: Stamp a bold image in bleach, then color in the bleached area with a marker. Here's an example:

Painting with Bleach
: Use your aquapainter or any paintbrush or even a q-tip to paint the bleach on. Here's an example:

There are more ways to use bleach, I'm sure. Let me know and I'll add them to the list. If you have a link to an example, let me know that too.

The really fun part of using bleach is that you never really know what color the bleached part will be! Many times the color will surprise you!

I can't wait to see all your creations! Thanks for playing along!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!