View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 AM   #30
purple elf lady
Kookie Creator

s-anthony, you did a fabulous job and I am so glad you started this thread.
About 3 years ago,when I first started looking for Jewish stamps and paper, etc. in preparation for my daughter's bat mitzvah as well as all her friends, there was almost nothing. I even asked a Jewish woman who owns a great little shop in St. Louis and she said I was the only Jewish person she had met who stamped.Any way, because they ran one ad in Creative Keepsakes, I found :
www.koshercreative.com
and they have all kinds of stuff for cards and scrapbooking.
There is also an ad in the current Creating Keepsakes in the back for Jewish "stuff" but I haven't looked at it yet and do not remember the name.
I have used biblical quotes such as Ecclesistes-"for everything there is a season..." I looked high and low and now have that in a couple sizes. If anyone is interested, I could look at my stamps at home and tell you what they are.
The issue is that you cannot spell out G-d. So if in doubt, don't use it.
I don't have a gallery because my stamping is probably a step ahead of my computer literacy.
I love to use beautiful paper-I think it is called stardust- that comes in copper, bronze, blue, etc. I emboss a star of david, layer w/muberry paper and attach with brads to the elegant cardstock. You can use this basic card for any occasion. I write on the inside using Creative Memories silver and gold pens. I think theirs are the best.
Also, silver and blue have become very traditional colors probably because of the Israeli flag.
There is a very long spectrum of "being Jewish".
I was very disappointed to go to San Antonio just for Amuse-a-palooza(since I had read so much about it on SPS) and the only make and take was a Christmas card. I said somthing to the person doing the demo about that being the only choice. There was not even a snowman. She was clueless, tho.
I look forward to keeping up with this thread.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!