View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Chef Mama
Duchess of Dork

Curiosity led me to a search. Here is one:
BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR JESUS 1 chocolate cake mix
Frosting

Make a round cake - chocolate to symbolize our sin.Cover with white frosting - white to symbolize His purity that covers our sins.
Decorate with a star and an angel - they symbolize the bearers of the first glad tidings.
Add 12 red candles - 12 candles symbolize that Christ is our light through the 12 months and the color red stands for his blood sheet for us.
Encircle the cake with green frosting - symbolized everlasting life.

And another:
JESUS' BIRTHDAY CAKE Purity: One round white cake with white frosting.Bethlehem: Topped with yellow sugar star.
Tidings of Great Joy: Figure of angel.
Christ our Light Thru the Year: Encircled by 12 red candles.
Everlasting Life: Greens around base of cake.

One more!
JESUS' CAKE Make a round chocolate cake (to symbolize our sins). Cover with white frosting (his purity covers our sins). Top with a yellow star and angel (bearer of the first glad tidings). Place 12 (Christ, our light through the 12 months of the year) red candles (red for his blood shed for us) on top. Encircle the cake with evergreen icing leaves (symbol of everlasting life).In the bustle of preparing for Christmas, we may forget what we are celebrating. To place the right importance on the Christmas holiday, make this birthday cake for Jesus and explain the symbols to your children.

Got these on cooks.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!