View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 08:40 PM   #189
aprice522
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to aprice522
Default My first Craft Fair

So today I attended my first craft fair. I paid $25 for the space and had to bring my own table. 8-3, about 10 vendors...almost all home party people, at a church. Decent traffic before lunch...considering I don't know what traffic is...Lots of lookers, not too many buyers...at least for me.

What I took with me:

4 for $10 Coaster sets: On angels Wings, Natures secret (french script),
In full bloom (french script) SOLD ONLY ANGEL SET
$8 Altered Composition notebook/pen...took 2, none sold
$15 Altered lunch box tin...took 3 sold 1
$.75 magnetic bookmarks...sold none
Cards: $2 or 6 for $10 sold 6
$5 Altered clipboards w/ pen...sold none
$12 OSW tote/purse with 5 cards/envies...took 3 sold three--Picture attached....saw these and had to make them, glad I did!! So easy!
$5 wood frame stamped, took 3 sold 1 (ironicly it was a baby theme, and the lady who purchased it actually owned the two stamp sets I used on it!!)
$1 lunchbags decoed, took 5 sold 0

I might get a new customer or two out of it. I did actually sell "graceful words" to a lady. I had a few word stamp sets so people could personalize a few things if they wanted...had black stazon with me, and she asked me if I knew anyone who had that set....and I had it with me...and she is a pastors wife...I couldn't deny her that set, even though I loved loved loved it....but since her niece no longer is a demo, she was interested in me!!! good deal.

I made my money back and paid for all the supplies that I bought for it and still had a profit of 20$, but might have a few leads and definately learned a bunch about craft fair. I would love to see any ladies who are seasoned craft fair goes to post a picture of their physical set up. I know I need more room, and am going to try a few more options of things to sell, but will continue with what I have or give some as gifts. I am going to look into doing more craft fairs later on...next fall possibly, but I will prepare much more in advance and try some new things.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!