View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 07:38 AM   #147
Tidbits
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to Tidbits Send a message via Yahoo to Tidbits

did my first craft fair of the season yesterday. I did the same location last year in December so I was expecting a HUGE crowd of vendors set up and I was SHOCKED to see only 30 tables set up in the gym. In December, they had the WHOLE gym, library and all the hallways of the school so it was considerably smaller. It was also POURING rain, expected ALL day! I kept a positive attitude though as I was coming with mostly new items than I have set up with before. There were times that there were no one at all and traffic was extremly random, but I did well! I sold $180 AFTER table fee & materials.

Snowman Poop - $1 (sm ziplock bag with topper snowman from Happy Winter) SOLD 11
Christmas Fudge - $1 (snack size bars - learned of this on SCS just last week!) SOLD 16
Stamped Candles - Large $5, Small $2.50 & 2 pk votives $2 (got a great deal on candles!) SOLD 1 Large, 3 Small & 18 votives
Snowman Pins - $1 (round tags with snowman face, hat & Scarf) SOLD 5
Recipe Cards - $3 set SOLD 6
Note Totes - $2.50 SOLD 5
Book Buddy - $5 (people went GAGA over these!) SOLD 16
Paint Cans (small) - $6 SOLD 1
Tag Nugget Holders - $ .50 (Christmas & Halloween) SOLD 23
Triangle Box - $1 (Halloween) SOLD 4
Color me card w/envelope - $1.50 (just discovered these this past month on SCS!) SOLD 16
Card w/envelope- $2 SOLD ONLY 1!

I did my setup a little differently from last year because I have been reading the very informative threads on the tips, etc. I bought a black flat sheet to use as the covering instead of the white lace cloth my mother had given to me and it looked so much sleeker set up on the black.

I also purchased a stand up card rack from ebay that was brand new for only $40! It looked like it held the taller cards, but my cards fit fine and didn't fall out when turned. I am also able to take out a couple of the racks if not needed which worked out great yesterday. It was much easier to view the selection without flipping through a box or containers.

I am pleased to say that I did well considering the low amount of people who attended. I did not do a prize drawing as I have never gotten any leads that way. People are either interested or they are not. I have gotten a couple of people who are interested in buying more items at a later date so I gave them my card. I had plenty of SU bags which I used to put the items in that people purchased. A little added expose for me!

I have many other items for my next shows which are at the end of Nov/beg of Dec. I have 3 BIG fairs, all right in a row! Can't wait!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!