View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:29 AM   #156
knielsen
Rubber Obsessor

Default Need your help

Ladies,

You are such a talented and loving group of women I thought I would ask for your help. I am trying to organize a "cards for our troops" care package. My DH is a former Marine and has close friends that have been recently deployed to Iraq, again, from our area. When we got news that one of them has lost an eye since arriving there I felt compelled to do something; all be it small compared to what they are doing for us. I would like to be able to supply them with cards and envelopes that they can use to send home to their loved ones for the Holidays. I will take any cards though as many other occasions will also be needed during their deployment. Any old card fronts would be great also as I can mount them for use.

Please let me know if you are willing and able to help. I would like to try and collect them by the 15th of November so the troops can get them sent out in a timely fashion. I know this is asking a lot considering that Regionals are right around the corner. I can collect cards at regionals to cut down on shipping charges; I am attending on Saturday. If people are attending Friday and are going to the dinner they could pass them off to someone going on Saturday. Pass this on to anyone you think would be willing to help; the more the better.

If you are interested please let me know. Sorry for hijacking this thread and thank you for taking the time to read it.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.