View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #125
SuG
Forum Fanatic

after reading this thread and preparing for a month, I did my first show today. What a bomb! It was held at the chapel at Valley Forge National Park. The craft show was part of the fall festival, there were only 18 "crafters" some bought wholesale junk and resold it some had nice art work most had beaded jewelry. It was mostly unadvertised. Most people walking through were just lookers.
I took a couple of altered composition books, some spiral notebooks of varying sizes, 4 lunch tins, cards, book marks (laminated), treat bags, packets of cards for kids to color with crayons, and 6 sets of tile coasters. I had actually left the coasters at home and called hubby to bring them over. Good thing he did, I sold 3 sets of coasters, 6 bookmarks, and 1 tin. My kids came to enjoy the festivities so the day ended up costing us money! Table charge was $25, the going rate for table space around here, but the light over my table was burned out (as were 7 out of 18 ceiling lights). Ok I have paid for 2 more shows in November, hopefully I can come out ahead! This could be so much fun if it pays. I will spend the month making more inventory because I am sure the other two will be bigger and have more people coming through. Ah well, it is like having that first workshop over and done with, learn from it and move on!
SuG
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!