View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
Rox71
PAPER SCAPER

Default Donut Card Challenge

Please write Donut (no SC keywords for this challenge) in the keywords section of your card description or title so we can find your card in the gallery with the others. Then link your donut cards to this thread ONLY.

---------------------

Here’s a fun challenge for anyone that would like to try something new. It’s called a Donut card and Vickie has easy directions to follow.

Feel free to change the card size, color and images to suit you. Since Vickie’s card is a pretty simple layout I didn’t draw up a sketch.
It will be fun to see what the SCS players can come up with.

Vickie says: I named this the “Donut Hole” card because we punch entirely through the whole thing!! A very quick & simple card!

Links to more example cards here:

vmaduzia one

vmaduzia two

StampOwl

Cambria

The directions are for Vickie's card in the attachment. I also have some tips on punching through layers in my card description.

Directions:
1) Cut 4" square card out of the new Cool Carribean cardstock
2) Stamp with new Aida Cloth Background using Versamark ink
3) Lightly affix a 1/2" black strip across the front of card
4) From the top left corner, punch all the way through the ENTIRE card with the new 1 1/4" circle punch (yes, you're making a big donut hole through the entire card!) It is best to turn the punch upside down so you can see the black strip through the punch window.
5) Remove the punched out pieces, peel apart.
6) Mount the blue card onto a slightly LARGER black square, 4.25"
7) Stamp one of the punched out blue circles with Circle of Friendship stamp of choice, using black ink. Trim around edges with scissors.
Attach blue circle to inside of card, with Stampin' Dimensional so it pops up!
9) Stamp Greeting of choice on card front. We are using the new Happy Everything -- because it has options!!
10) Finish with silver mini brads if desired. Remember to stamp your envelope!
Attached Thumbnails
punched_rivet_by_vmaduzia.jpg  
Perfect Paper Crafting * SweetStamps * Just for Fun Rubber Stamps

Last edited by Rox71; 09-21-2006 at 10:25 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!