View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #87
Rox71
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Valerie11
I guess I'm confused. I thought the original idea behind the sketch challenges when they started so long ago was to use the sketch as a jumping board, keeping key elements in place, but allowing for creative license. I didn't realize we had to adhere to exact measurements, placement, etc. Kind of spoils it for me, even though most times I think my SC cards do follow the directions somewhat.

eta:

This line is from the very first sketch challenge-

If you want to play, create a card using this sketch as inspiration - lets see how it inspires you

I don't mean to incite anything, I am just trying to figure out why things have changed so drastically.
From what I read it says to follow the sketch, am I right...I'm asking you?

Quote:
(from jlmhen) I agree with you....it was fun to see how everyone came up with different ideas based on the sketch. I'll miss the additional ideas!
I have had numerous request on what measurements are, I am trying to do what will help new players here.
But also, if you read back I have never until this week given exact measurements to follow and they are not exact, you can make your panel larger than the half inch from the edge, I'm just trying to insure a large panel this week and there is a big difference in making the panel one half inch compared to 1 1/2 inches from the edge.

I have in the past let those people that need a guide line know that they can look at my card and find measurements if the layout is not easy to figure out. Simple as that, I'm helping the new person with their request.

This week is just a little different in regards to the size but I just came from the gallery and I see plenty of beautiful cards made with what was asked for. Please keep in mind that many new stamper don't have the materials to do layers and this is a layout many of us started with and it's sort of going back to basics.

Since this presents a problem I will try to come up with a poll thread (if I can figure it out) and get the input to see what the majority wants...follow a sketch or do what you want and link it anyway.
Please go back to last weeks thread and you will see the statement that there are no exact measurements. I'm really sorry that one layout has you this upset!

Well, I should be in the gallery making comments so PM me personally if you still have a problem with this layout. Thanks for reading.
Perfect Paper Crafting * SweetStamps * Just for Fun Rubber Stamps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!