View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 05:30 AM   #1
Julia S
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via MSN to Julia S
Default WT75 - Bigger not always Better

This week's Ways to Use It Challenge comes as a request. This week we are going to prove that big is not always better by finding ways to use our small stamps. I know that I myself, tend not to buy small stamps, as when I started stamping, I just could not make them work.Sometimes these stamps can be a bit of a challenge and so they tend to get left in the drawer but I think that with a few tricks, you will find yourself using them more and more. I've done a little brainstorming for you and have a list below with ideas on how to make your small stamps work. If anyone has any other ideas...please! share them with us. As for the size of small stamps, I would guess that anything under 1.5" x 1.5" or 1"x2" would be considered small.

Ideas for Using Small Stamps...
(not all at once)
- Layout is everything: Use an visually interesting layout so that there is more to look at than just the small image.
-Group small images together in multiples of three or four
-Make a border strip with them
-randomly stamp them to make a background - stamped over canvas or linen is a nice tough
-Use your background stamps to create visual interest and texture to the card
-use a masking technique and make a scene with them
-collage
-use them on a tag
-put real or faux stitching around them to add visual impact
-stamp them behind a sentiment
-add texture or embellishments in such a way to draw your eye through the card and draw attention to the image
-use them as an accent to the main image
-mini note cards

As always, please remember to put WT75 in your keywords section and post a link back here. We all want to see your work! Feel free to post as many projects for as long as you wish to this challenge. this is not a race or a contest...just plain stamping fun. Also, please try and post new work to this challenge as it is a challenge to get you stamping more.

Sorry that this challenge is posted so late...it seemed as though there were a myriad of small problems to solve this morning, even though I got up early. I can't seem to get my card uploaded so I will post it once I do.

Happy stamping,

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, Lily Bee Design, Maya Road and Glue Dots

Last edited by Julia S; 08-24-2006 at 06:41 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!