View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #68
sharinlilbit
Kookie Creator

I've been wondering... a question for all the GH fans posting here: when did you start watching the show? If you don't remember what year, what were the major storylines playing out when you first tuned in?

To answer my own question...I've been vaguely aware of the major happenings on GH since the Ice Princess days. I didn't watch then, not for several years later, but I had a cousin I was very close to who was a huge fan and spending so much time with her, I picked up on who the major characters were and how they fit together. Then years later when I avidly watched Guiding Light, DooL, and Another World, I'd buy Soap Opera Digest and I'd read the summaries of all the soaps, not just the ones I watched, so I kept up with GH that way.

I finally starting watching about the time Robert and Anna were getting closer -- don't remember what year that was -- just before she tied him up on Valentine's Day. I think the earthquake was about that time, too, maybe. And then I think I tuned out for a while, but I know I was around to see Robert and Anna get married (another reason to be irritated at today's writers -- R&A were HAPPILY married and NOT spies when they were blown up. This rewriting of history is annoying.) and "killed."

The point I came back completely for good was when I found out Luke and Laura were returning to Port Charles, so I was there to see their first episode, which I believe was 1993. Other than very short periods now and then -- mostly now -- when I got too disgusted to watch, I've been a fan, albeit a disgruntled one at times.

What about y'all?

Shari
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!