View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #53
sharinlilbit
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampToIt
I think the problem with Lucky is that we don't particulary like Greg Vaughan and would love to see Jacob Young back in the role.
Oh, heavens...I'd have to poke my eye out with a spork. I do like Greg Vaughan, despite his deficits as an actor. He's way better looking than Jacob Young, IMO, and even though he's in no way close to the caliber of Jonathan Jackson, he acts circles around the job JY (aka Yeller McYellerson) did as Lucky. Ugh, he was awful! The year the Emmy voters gave him an Emmy was the year I knew the Emmy voters were a few bricks shy of a load. (And handing one to Natalia Livingstone a few years later cinched it.)

The problem is the writers insist on crapping all over this character and even before he got addicted to drugs, he still behaved completely unlike original Lucky.

Jacob Young might be fitting into his role on AMC better than he did with Lucky -- If I remember correctly from the brief time I watched that soap, he's not exactly a good guy, so maybe old Yeller particular acting choices work better for JR, but he never seemed like a son Luke and Laura would have.

Shari
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!