View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
showmestamper
Forum Fanatic

Default TLC75 - Balloon Backgrounds

This week's technique comes directly from May 06 VSN. It was StampinDeedee's challenge, and here are her words:
Fill a deflated latex balloon with about 1/2 cup of small textured objects, such as grains of rice, macaroni, jelly beans, or a mix thereof. Tie off the balloon tightly close to the lump of textured material. Press the balloon into an ink pad, then stamp on cardstock. The texture from whatever you filled the balloon with will create a really interesting background for a card or scrapbook page! So pull out those balloons, and show me where your creativity takes you!
Plenty of inspiration for you all, courtesy of all the stampers that participated in that challenge:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...mit=&x=10&y=10

If you don't happen to have a balloon lying around, I imagine a ziploc baggie would work too. Just fill it and put a rubber band around the top to make a balloon shape.

I look forward to seeing all your creations!
As always, I am in search of suggestions for techniques for future TLCs! Please PM with suggestions and a link to the directions and/or a sample if you can.
Thanks!

If you have questions, please ask. If you have suggestions, please share!
When you upload, please put TLC75 in the keyword section when you upload, and then post a link to your card here in this thread.
If you need help uploading, click on this link for helpful information:

An invitation to Newbies/Lurkers: Post a Card in the Gallery!
Have fun!
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!