View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 04:23 AM   #200
Orlandomom2
Compulsive Stamper

Red face Birthday parties...and the such

Thank you for sharing your story Barb; I can relate to parts of it as I'm sure everyone on this thread can. The birthday party struck a cord w/me because we just had a similar situation. My Brandon is 6...definately 'old' enough to sit and watch presents being opened - but there he was, overly- fascinated by the sun catchers on the sliding glass door that were moving back and forth each time the door got opened! Allllll the other children were gathered around the birthday boy, oooohing and aaahhhing over his gifts...and my son was flapping and jumping w/his back totally to them, watching those suncatchers move back and forth. Yes, I was getting looks and yes it bothered me. I wasn't really embarrassed - or maybe I was....I don't really know how to sort out the barrell of emotions that run thru me in situations like that. I guess I just really wanted to educate them - but it wasn't the time or place.

I will pray that you get answers soon. Our God is good.

love, Christie
OH! and don't forget Phoebo (previously known as Phoebe) and Wanda - both the sweetest guinea pigs ever
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!