View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #189
dessertlady
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: My personal view of Diamond Head (from my backyard)

Emmie -
Glad the move is going well.

Well we survived vacation and school starts on Friday which is just brimming with anxiety issues! The good thing is that one of his best buddies from last year is in his mainstream room again this year

Vacation was up and down and thanks to all who offered suggestions or sympothized. Going outside was pretty much out most of the time as the heat index was over 100 most days. Honestly, you couldn't walk 10 yards without pouring sweat and Jacob sweats easily, so no fun for him. The one high point was going horse back riding at a friend's farm. He really responds well to it and I'm going to check into getting him into theraputic riding lessons.

Now, to totally change topics, one of the teachers from summer session uses pet therapy with her students (she normally teaches low to mid functioning aut high school students). For summer she teachers K-2 and brought in her animals almost daily. She would always have them out at recess and Jacob responded really well to her Cockatial (sp) - went from running wild to very still and calm. We have two cats that he normally does okay with, just seems that either the more exotic or big the animal the better he does. I was just wondering if anybody else has done anything with pet therapy/theraputic riding.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!