View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #184
themrs
Matboard Maniac

being off your routine is hard enough... but then add grandparents on top of that..... oh what fun!

I know what you mean about the routine. We are not the best about having a strict schedule (we are trying to get better), but with my DH gone for 3 1/2 weeks things are crazy around here. I can't really get 3 wiggly kids ready for bed and sit and nurse a baby at the same time, so for the last few weeks they have just been up until I go to bed and they are much more cranky and so am I, but what can you do? My in laws are coming for a couple of weeks in August and It is usually stressful for me when they are here because I have to endure little bits of advice about how if I only did things a certain way they would listen blah, blah, blah... they just don't realise that I have done all the things you are supposed to do, but they don't always work. This year might be a bit different because we have been learning about all this autism stuff in the last 6 months and maybe they will see some of the behavior a little differently. I just don't want anymore fun times like Grandpa determined that he could potty train my 2 year old if he was tough enough on him!

I guess I don't have any good advice about dealing with the challenges of travel and visits except to just expect them to be more difficult and just mentally prepare to work a little harder. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

As for us....we leave first thing Monday morning to pick up DH from the airport!!! Yippeeee!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!