View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 03:13 PM   #183
diana11460
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlady
I know there's been discussion on melt downs, etc, what about vacation? In some ways it is good, but it seems like he gets a little worse when we are visiting family, I think due to the lack of routine and a grandparent who really doesn't get him. He has good and bad days, but seems like more bad than good. I know that Monday will be good because we will be flying that day and he knows that routine (and he loves flying). Anybody else go through this?
Our ds loves to fly and travels well. But we also have trouble when we go 'home' to see the grandparents. I think he can sense that they don't understand and are maybe a little nervous when he exhibits any behavior (which makes it worse). But I also think he gets over stimulated there. I find that if we spend a lot of time outside, he does better - so we always plan our trips home in the summer so he can have a lot of outside time.
I think what makes it hard on the grandparents is that since we live so far away and only come home on occasion, they never really get the opportunity to get to know him - and he doesn't get to really know them either. It's tough!

My gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!