View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #33
shannon2903
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharinlilbit

The character has potential, but as long as the writers see professional women like Alexis and Robin as the ones to be crapped on, and instead give characters like Carly a glittery hoo-ha that all the men are magically attracted to like magnets, and make Sam more interested in being a mob moll than making something of herself, it's never going to change. There's a fundamental flaw in how the GH writers see the female characters, and you can even spot it right away in the final shot of the opening credits. To me, that says it all. *g*

Meanwhile, they've brought back all these vets, and they've done what with them exactly? They have the tremendous talents of John Ingle, Jane Elliott, Stuart Damon, Leslie Charleson, the lesser talent, but still better than most of the new folks Jackie Zemen, and Tony Geary at their disposal. JI and JE had a really nice turn the other day, but they'll probably not get another one for quite a while.

DOOL, the soap that became a joke a long time ago, is beating GH in the ratings these days. They have tons of problems of their own, but they've already proven they know how to handle returning vets.

I dread seeing what they'll do to Genie Francis when Laura returns, especially if the rumors of a connection between her and Sam play out as fact.

Shari
You can complain all you want but the bottom line is every week the Soap Opera digest takes a people's choice poll of their top 5 men and women favorites. Jason, Sonny, Ric, Carly and Sam are always on that list.(at least every time I've gotten it) sometimes Elizabeth makes it. If I were the writer I would focus on those character as well if that's what the poeple like. I agree with you on many points, I vote for Robin and Patrick every week, I hope to see them in the top 5 someday.

As for the ratings, I checked a couple of the rating site and GH is #3 (above the others) Soap of all the networks, in the nielson ratings GH is tied with ATWT and AMC for #3.

Alexis, Alexis you got to be joking. She's worse than both Sam and Carly. She's the law, yet she got away with murder, defended Sonny the Mobster, Had his baby, got Manny off on a crime she knew he commited, makes up trump charges, and countless other things. She's a shinning example of corruption within the legal system. That gives women the wrong image.

Robin I agree represents the greatest female character, professional, kind, and honest. But I don't think they've crapped on her. She got to blow the whistler on Jax and Carly. Which was a hard thing for Robin because she's so close to Jax, but she did the right thing. She got Patrick, it'll be on and off again but in the end she'll get him. To me that says be honest and be great at what you do and you could get the grand prize. I love that Robin came back and wasn't hooked up with Jason, they could have gone there with that one.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!