Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   Tim Holtz style Christmas Tags due 12/1/2012**POSTAL** (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/tim-holtz-style-christmas-tags-due-12-1-2012%2A%2Apostal%2A%2A-t562152.html)

scraphead 10-05-2012 09:51 AM

Tim Holtz style Christmas Tags due 12/1/2012**POSTAL**
 
Hi everyone, I have had a request to host a Tim Holtz Christmas Tag swap, I know we have lots of Tim fans and Christmas will be upon us so soon. This was such a fun swap last year, the Tags were fantastic, I did'nt use mine I still have them.


As we changed the number to 13 (Not groups) you will mail in 13 and not get one of your own back

The size sould be no smaller than 3 x 4, fiber and or ribbon for the hole , 1 or more embelishment (these need not be Tims)

make em stronge, do not use flimsy dsp for the base, but this can be used on the base

This will be a plus 1 for the hostess.

These will be due 12/1/2012 DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE THE DEADLINE any received after this date will be returned

mail to
Pat Mitchelson
107 S Sheftall Circle
Savannah, GA 31410

1.....Scraphead/pat......................done
2.....Fadedpaperrose11................recd
3.....CherryLime/Kim.........................recd
4.....Nsmac1/Sabrina.......................recd
5.....Monica Silcott.........................recd
6.....Claudia...................................re cd
7.....KewlKat/Becky...........................recd
8.....NJBaker/Nancy.........................recd
9.....Stampingooddeeds/Susan...........recd
10....Paper73/Barb.............................recd
11....jn-leger......................................recd 13 11/13
12....Cobel.....................will not be completing the swap
13....KOniell..................................... ....recd
CLOSED

Mail in 14, you will received one of your own back, the extra 1 is for the hostess mail in 13 and you will not get 1 of your own back

fadedpaperrose11 10-05-2012 05:44 PM

YaHooooooo!
 
Me, me, me!!!!!

Thanks, scraphead!!! :D


Do we choose a topic or just do whatever we want as long as it's Tim Holtz style????

scraphead 10-06-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadedpaperrose11 (Post 19732364)
Me, me, me!!!!!

Thanks, scraphead!!! :D


Do we choose a topic or just do whatever we want as long as it's Tim Holtz style????

gotcha darling, thanks for signing up again, it will be a fun time again.

CherryLime 10-06-2012 12:09 PM

I would love a spot.....

nsmac1 10-06-2012 04:22 PM

I'll take one spot please :)

scraphead 10-06-2012 04:39 PM

yaaaa, we have Kim and Sabrina signed up (Sabrina, and you have stamps for the return mail, I told you you would need them.......)
thank you girls for joining and welcome

nsmac1 10-06-2012 04:45 PM

LOL yes I still hav some stamps AND i'm going to be in Florida for a week starting Oct 14th so I'll most likely have some left over USD too LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraphead (Post 19734180)
yaaaa, we have Kim and Sabrina signed up (Sabrina, and you have stamps for the return mail, I told you you would need them.......)
thank you girls for joining and welcome


scraphead 10-06-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsmac1 (Post 19734194)
LOL yes I still hav some stamps AND i'm going to be in Florida for a week starting Oct 14th so I'll most likely have some left over USD too LOL

have a great vacation Sabrina

nsmac1 10-06-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraphead (Post 19734216)
have a great vacation Sabrina

Thanks, we plan on having a FANTASTIC time in Florida. We're going to halloween horror nights at Universal Studios and then who knows what else. Possibly busch gardens maybe a gator farm LOL.

monicas silcott 10-07-2012 01:28 AM

One spot for me, please. I'm so glad you are doing this again this year. :)

Cloudia 10-07-2012 03:28 AM

I'd like a spot in this one. I have a couple of questions about the size, though. You don't care how big they are? So, the "Tim-sized tags," which are 3 1/4 x 6 1/2 are okay, or do you want them closer to 3x4? I have a bunch of different sized tags, so I'll check and see if I have something close to 3x4...

nsmac1 10-07-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudia (Post 19734883)
I'd like a spot in this one. I have a couple of questions about the size, though. You don't care how big they are? So, the "Tim-sized tags," which are 3 1/4 x 6 1/2 are okay, or do you want them closer to 3x4? I have a bunch of different sized tags, so I'll check and see if I have something close to 3x4...

I'm guessing she doesn't care as long as they're not smaller than 3x5. I'm going to use Tim tags or the ones I have that are die cut from his tag die.

scraphead 10-07-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monicas silcott (Post 19734835)
One spot for me, please. I'm so glad you are doing this again this year. :)

Hi Monica,
so happy to have you join the tag swap again, you know I adore your work
Pat

scraphead 10-07-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudia (Post 19734883)
I'd like a spot in this one. I have a couple of questions about the size, though. You don't care how big they are? So, the "Tim-sized tags," which are 3 1/4 x 6 1/2 are okay, or do you want them closer to 3x4? I have a bunch of different sized tags, so I'll check and see if I have something close to 3x4...

Whooowho, Claudia is joining us too, we have some great artists joining.

Claudia you can make what ever size you wish tag just not smaller than 3 x 4
thanks for joining us
Pat

Cloudia 10-07-2012 03:55 PM

Thanks for the input, Monica and Sabrina. I just didn't want to be the only swapper who didn't pay attention and made the wrong size tags.
How exciting - a week in sunny Florida! I will be thinking of you, Sabrina, as I throw on my thermies and fleece and deal with the 45 degree weather I am experiencing here. Right about the time you are leaving Florida, I will be heading to Costa Rica with my amazing daughter and my wonderful future son-in-law. I am excited and a little nervous - the last time they took me with them, we went ziplining! The website she sent me to says Costa Rica has an active volcano and poisonous snakes But, not to worry - all of the hospitals keep a large supply of anti-venom injections. NOW I feel better.

Cloudia 10-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraphead (Post 19735097)
Whooowho, Claudia is joining us too, we have some great artists joining.

Claudia you can make what ever size you wish tag just not smaller than 3 x 4
thanks for joining us
Pat

Now how could I resist the chance to play with my Tim-stuff in a swap with one of my most favorite hostesses? Your swaps do seem to attract a lot of talent. Now....what to do, what to do?

nsmac1 10-07-2012 04:23 PM

Ooohhhh costa rica jealous. Zip lining is sooooo much fun. Can do without the poisonous snakes though but yay antivenom lol.


Have loads of fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudia (Post 19736193)
Thanks for the input, Monica and Sabrina. I just didn't want to be the only swapper who didn't pay attention and made the wrong size tags.
How exciting - a week in sunny Florida! I will be thinking of you, Sabrina, as I throw on my thermies and fleece and deal with the 45 degree weather I am experiencing here. Right about the time you are leaving Florida, I will be heading to Costa Rica with my amazing daughter and my wonderful future son-in-law. I am excited and a little nervous - the last time they took me with them, we went ziplining! The website she sent me to says Costa Rica has an active volcano and poisonous snakes But, not to worry - all of the hospitals keep a large supply of anti-venom injections. NOW I feel better.


scraphead 10-08-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudia (Post 19736193)
Thanks for the input, Monica and Sabrina. I just didn't want to be the only swapper who didn't pay attention and made the wrong size tags.
How exciting - a week in sunny Florida! I will be thinking of you, Sabrina, as I throw on my thermies and fleece and deal with the 45 degree weather I am experiencing here. Right about the time you are leaving Florida, I will be heading to Costa Rica with my amazing daughter and my wonderful future son-in-law. I am excited and a little nervous - the last time they took me with them, we went ziplining! The website she sent me to says Costa Rica has an active volcano and poisonous snakes But, not to worry - all of the hospitals keep a large supply of anti-venom injections. NOW I feel better.

I have been to Costa Rica I loved it, took a river boat trip, amazing animals and birds on the banks of the river, did not see snakes, thank goodness.
you will have a great time Cloudia, I am sure. no ziplining though, its too dangerous. (but sounds fun)

scraphead 10-08-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudia (Post 19736201)
Now how could I resist the chance to play with my Tim-stuff in a swap with one of my most favorite hostesses? Your swaps do seem to attract a lot of talent. Now....what to do, what to do?

you make me smile Cloudia, so happy you like to join my swaps, and yes, we do have a lot of tallented peep, thank you everyone.


Have a great day off work guys.

nsmac1 10-08-2012 03:50 PM

I've got a sketch all drawn out for these now lets just hope they turn out as good as they look in my head.

Kewl Kat 10-08-2012 04:33 PM

sign me up... sign me up too.....

scraphead 10-08-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kewl Kat (Post 19738640)
sign me up... sign me up too.....

Whoooowhooo, my friend Becky is joining us, thank you so much Becky for joining us, great people signing up, this is going to be sooooo great.....

Kewl Kat 10-08-2012 06:13 PM

thanks Pat for the heads up, I've been busy with the Rochester and Syracuse swaps and will be teaching tomorrow night at our local school. Wish I could retire now so I could fit in everything that I wanted to do in a day.

Cloudia 10-09-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kewl Kat (Post 19738876)
thanks Pat for the heads up, I've been busy with the Rochester and Syracuse swaps and will be teaching tomorrow night at our local school. Wish I could retire now so I could fit in everything that I wanted to do in a day.

Hi, Becky! Yeah me, too, about retiring....and I need a maid and a groundskeeper.

scraphead 10-09-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kewl Kat (Post 19738876)
thanks Pat for the heads up, I've been busy with the Rochester and Syracuse swaps and will be teaching tomorrow night at our local school. Wish I could retire now so I could fit in everything that I wanted to do in a day.

cant wait to see you at the Rochester gathering

scraphead 10-09-2012 07:34 AM

good morning Tim Tag fans, were are you all, you know you want to sign up, why wait

scraphead 10-11-2012 04:21 AM

happy Thursday people, Where are the tag lovers, why wait, sign up now. you'll love it, we have fun people.

fadedpaperrose11 10-11-2012 12:36 PM

These tags are FUN, FUN, FUN, to make and FABULOUS to receive!!! You know you want to sign up! :D

scraphead 10-11-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fadedpaperrose11 (Post 19745300)
These tags are FUN, FUN, FUN, to make and FABULOUS to receive!!! You know you want to sign up! :D

LOL, you make me laugh..the tag cheerleader LOL...

scraphead 10-12-2012 05:49 AM

TGIF, that gives us time to make Tim Tags, dont miss out on this fun swap

StampinGoodDeeds 10-12-2012 12:46 PM

Oh, I am in. Last year I remember making these... never knew Tim Holtz could possibly make so many steps to making a single tag, but they turned out awesome!

So they just have to be Tim Holtz-y in style, not an exact replica of one he has made, right?

I even have his die this year for the large tags so will get to break it in!

Monica -- we need another day to craft and make these together!!! :)

nsmac1 10-12-2012 04:53 PM

I hope to work on these on my second week of vacay (after we get back from Florida) I made a sketch of ideas and keep adding to it. I better stop if I ever hope to make 9 of them.

njbaker 10-12-2012 04:59 PM

I'm stepping OUT of my box.... and signing up. Tim might be cringing right now.

nsmac1 10-12-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 19748634)
I'm stepping OUT of my box.... and signing up. Tim might be cringing right now.

Nah I wouldnt worry about it too much just distress a bunch of stuff and you'll be fine LMAO

scraphead 10-13-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 19748634)
I'm stepping OUT of my box.... and signing up. Tim might be cringing right now.

Yes, we have Nancy, I think Tim is clapping his hands he got you Nancy, thanks for joining.

scraphead 10-13-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 19747892)
Oh, I am in. Last year I remember making these... never knew Tim Holtz could possibly make so many steps to making a single tag, but they turned out awesome!

So they just have to be Tim Holtz-y in style, not an exact replica of one he has made, right?

I even have his die this year for the large tags so will get to break it in!

Monica -- we need another day to craft and make these together!!! :)

Hi Susan, sooooo happy you are joining us, yes, they have to be Tim style, we all know (I think by now) what his work looks like, so use what you have, no one has to run out to by Tim stuff (unless you want to) .

paper73 10-13-2012 12:50 PM

Tim Tags are great, may I have a spot too?

scraphead 10-13-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paper73 (Post 19750589)
Tim Tags are great, may I have a spot too?

Love you to join us Barb.

jn_leger 10-13-2012 08:24 PM

I'd love a spot please!

jn_leger 10-14-2012 08:22 AM

Question: do all 9 tags have to be the same?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:43 PM.