Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   3-D Items, Specialty Cards, and Tags (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/)
-   -   SWAP COMPLETE**Inspirational or Funny Tag Books 8 +1 Due 11/15/09 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/3-d-items-specialty-cards-tags-f109/swap-complete%2A%2Ainspirational-funny-tag-books-8-1-due-11-15-09-a-t457987.html)

FLScrapHappy 09-09-2009 03:34 PM

SWAP COMPLETE**Inspirational or Funny Tag Books 8 +1 Due 11/15/09
 
Well...with Round 1 and 2 completed let's do Round 3! These books are great gifts and have lots of uses (what do you get for the grandma who really doesn't need another bottle of bath crystals?)

I'm adding a new category though, because sometimes you just need to LAUGH. So....Here are the two groups:

INSPIRATIONAL TAG BOOKS
This swap is for tags that will contain uplifting, positive messages decorated with love (and maybe a little bling?) that can be placed in a ring book. Make 8 tags (+1 for hostess) for a total of 9 tags with the same design. You will get one of your own tags back. {You will end up with a cover and 7 inspirational pages and you can bind them with a ring to make a book}.

Messages can be from Bible scripture, famous people and philosophers, personal mottos, etc. The idea is that you have a book to look through in "one of those moments" and get re-focused on "the good stuff" or see a message that you really need right then.

OR

JUST FOR LAUGHS TAG BOOK

Join the group JUST FOR LAUGHS and create a set of tags with the same specifications as above, except use your funniest stamps, sayings, etc. (keep in clean and PG rated though so as not to offend!). These are the perfect gift for the girls you craft with, your best friend, or your sister!

These are the tags you pull out on those days when you just need to be reminded to either laugh at yourself (or maybe someone else) and smile.


Here are a few examples. Search in the gallery for additional examples.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=178777

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=178777

THE RULES:
**2 layers of good card stock

**NVR on everything

**at least 1 embellishment or special technique

**either a stamped or computer-generated inspirational message/saying.
No handwritten sayings please.

**It would be a good idea to "gently decorate" the back of your tag also.

** The tag size is 5 3/4 " x 3 3/4 ". Tags can have any top design as long as the tag meets the overall size dimension. If you use an eyelet at top of the tag, please be sure that it is large enough to put a ring through (at least a 1/4 inch diameter).

Please note that there is also a spot for someone to do the cover for the set. The cover design does not need to include a saying.

Mailing Instructions:
DUE IN MY MAILBOX DATE: November 15, 2009. (PLEASE MAIL SO THEY ARRIVE ON OR BEFORE THE 15th of NOVEMBER) All will be swapped out according to SCS policy. I DO report flakers, so please communicate with me if there is a problem and you won't be able to complete your commitment.


First Class:
Place swap in a plastic bag for safe traveling and easier swapping.
Include 2 extra postage stamps inside the plastic bag with your swap. Stamps will be returned to you if not needed. No metered strips please.

Include your real name, your SCS name, your mailing address, and the swap name on a piece of paper inside the baggie containing your swap.

Place your swap in a SASE (a padded envelope or bubble mailer will protect your artwork and embellishments). The postage on the SASE should be the same amount of postage it takes to send the swap to me.

If you want your spot sent priority back to you, just include the priority stamp and completed label in the bag and I'll get the envelopes.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.

Group 1--Inspirational FULL
Cover--Cloudia 11/12
1. StampinGoodDeeds (FIRST to sign up and ARRIVE!) rcv'd 10/8
2. Izzysmom 10/28
3. dropped--Iteachakyds will angel 11/18
4. missylangford1215 11/18

5. blubicon
6. dbridges 11/16
7. mwebber 11/9

Group 2--Inspirational
Cover--Iteachakyds 11/12
1. dbridges 11/16
2. StampinGoodDeeds rcv'd 10/8
3. missylangford1215 11/18
4.Iteachakyds 11/12
5. misti.stowell--dropped--Izzysmom will angel
6. mwebber 11/9
7. stampingwithlove--dropped--Annie's Pantry will angel


Group 1--Just For Fun FULL
Cover--Cloudia 11/12
1. StampinGoodDeeds (FIRST!) rcv'd 10/8
2. Izzysmom 10/28
3. dropped--Izzysmom will angel
4. misslangford1215 11/18
5. Sandi*S rcv'd 10/16
6. blubicon
7. Iteachakyds 11/12

Group 2--Just For Fun
Cover--StampinGoodDeeds rcv'd 10/8
1. iteachakyds 11/12
2. missylangford1215 11/18
3. misti.stowell--Izzysmom will angel
4. stampingwithlove--dropped--Izzysmom will angel
5. Vickie Y 11/6
6. izzysmom 10/28
7. Iteachakyds 11/12


I'll add more groups as people sign up!

FLScrapHappy 09-09-2009 03:40 PM

Who's first?

StampinGoodDeeds 09-09-2009 03:45 PM

Me, Me, pick me! Both sets please! :)

FLScrapHappy 09-09-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 15090925)
Me, Me, pick me! Both sets please! :)

There's got to be a prize for FIRST!!! Thanks for coming by!

izzysmom 09-09-2009 07:18 PM

Definitely can't be left out of this one. Give me a spot in both groups. And I'll ask Fae if she wants to do another round also.

Oh, none of the picture links are working, by the way.

FLScrapHappy 09-10-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzysmom (Post 15092704)
Definitely can't be left out of this one. Give me a spot in both groups. And I'll ask Fae if she wants to do another round also.

Oh, none of the picture links are working, by the way.

Great! I fixed the links and just added two. Do you have links to some of the ones that were done in Round 2?

wannabastamper 09-10-2009 10:41 AM

I would love to have a spot in each group.

missylangford1215 09-10-2009 11:13 AM

I'd like a spot in each group and if you open more groups, those, too. :p

Missy

FLScrapHappy 09-10-2009 03:52 PM

Got you all down! If you are in touch with any of the folks from our first couple of Rounds, let them know...WE'RE BAAACK!!!!

Sandi*S 09-10-2009 05:16 PM

9/10
 
Hi Vicki - I think I want a spot in the "Just for Fun" but I have a question about the size. Is it the sizzix size, or are these "hand made" ?

Thanks

FLScrapHappy 09-11-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*S (Post 15099588)
Hi Vicki - I think I want a spot in the "Just for Fun" but I have a question about the size. Is it the sizzix size, or are these "hand made" ?

Thanks

As long as your tag is close to the size that's fine. Previously, I made everyone make the same size tag, but my sister's swap worked out fine with slightly different sizes, etc. so I"m okay with it now.

I'll put you down.

FLScrapHappy 09-12-2009 01:51 AM

More spots?

FLScrapHappy 09-12-2009 08:58 AM

Where are all the swappers?

FLScrapHappy 09-13-2009 05:49 AM

bumping for swappers

Where are all those people who asked for Round 3??

blubicon 09-13-2009 09:34 AM

I am interestedin doing this swap. I have a few questions though. Do I have to have the same shape tag? If I do where can I get it. Are they just on card stock? or do you put cardboard between the card stock to make them hold up a little better. I would like to do the inspirational spot. I love inspirational sayings. How do you know the little book isn't gonna be full of all the same quote? This would be a nice thing to do with sympathy quotes they are soooo hard to find. Anyway. Sign me up for one spot in each group. I better stop thinking about this or I will sign myself up for spots in groups you don't even have yet lol sandy

FLScrapHappy 09-13-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blubicon (Post 15117415)
I am interestedin doing this swap. I have a few questions though. Do I have to have the same shape tag? If I do where can I get it. Are they just on card stock? or do you put cardboard between the card stock to make them hold up a little better. I would like to do the inspirational spot. I love inspirational sayings. How do you know the little book isn't gonna be full of all the same quote? This would be a nice thing to do with sympathy quotes they are soooo hard to find. Anyway. Sign me up for one spot in each group. I better stop thinking about this or I will sign myself up for spots in groups you don't even have yet lol sandy

Thanks for joining us Sandy!

Let's see...

I can email you the template I use, but you have to hand cut. You get 3 tags on a 8.5x11 sheet of cardstock. OR you can create a tag shape using the dimensions mentioned above.

We've never had a problem with the same quotes or saying being in any of the books before, but I could ask everyone to tell me what stamp or saying they are using just to make sure.

The tags are "stand alone"...good cardstock and a couple of layers makes them pretty sturdy. If you go to my gallery, there are a number of examples (inlcuding a recipe book using the tags)

Thanks for joining.

izzysmom 09-13-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLScrapHappy (Post 15093692)
Great! I fixed the links and just added two. Do you have links to some of the ones that were done in Round 2?

I'll try to post the tags from round 2. It has been on my "to-do" list for weeks. When I get it posted, I'll send you the link.

FLScrapHappy 09-14-2009 03:26 PM

Who needs a little "pick me up"? These books are great to hang near your desk at home (for when you're paying BILLS) or at work (for when...well..you KNOW)...

StampinGoodDeeds 09-15-2009 09:19 AM

good afternoon!

StampinGoodDeeds 09-15-2009 10:51 AM

Hey gals! I just saw this fun swap and joined it also, and wanted to share it with you to encourage you to join too!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=453034

StampinGoodDeeds 09-16-2009 05:39 AM

bumping for you!

FLScrapHappy 09-17-2009 02:49 PM

Thanks Susan, I've been swamped with work. Never a dull moment around here.

FLScrapHappy 09-18-2009 02:04 AM

Bumping for swappers.

Sandi*S 09-18-2009 03:30 AM

9/18
 
I've been working on my tags, I used my Cricut to cut them out. I have the lenght fine, but am having issues on the width. I'm thinking of adding some kind of trim. Anyway~~~

FLScrapHappy 09-18-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*S (Post 15153696)
I've been working on my tags, I used my Cricut to cut them out. I have the lenght fine, but am having issues on the width. I'm thinking of adding some kind of trim. Anyway~~~

I know whatever you do it will be great.

FLScrapHappy 09-19-2009 12:28 PM

Fill 'er up!

FLScrapHappy 09-20-2009 05:34 AM

Sunday bump

Sandi*S 09-20-2009 06:24 AM

9/20
 
Still working on these - I've come to a "Creative Block" so I've put them in a ziploc and am walking away for a few days. I'm going to be working crazy hours next week so it'll be a good time to take a break.

I am however, working on the 12 Days of Christmas Swap of yours that I just signed up for. We will see if Cricut will make this a breezy as I hope. If so, I might take another spot there, if there are any left. ;)

FLScrapHappy 09-20-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*S (Post 15166755)
Still working on these - I've come to a "Creative Block" so I've put them in a ziploc and am walking away for a few days. I'm going to be working crazy hours next week so it'll be a good time to take a break.

I am however, working on the 12 Days of Christmas Swap of yours that I just signed up for. We will see if Cricut will make this a breezy as I hope. If so, I might take another spot there, if there are any left. ;)

You've got time! I was hoping we'd have several sets of these, but it looks like maybe this swap idea has run its course?

StampinGoodDeeds 09-20-2009 12:45 PM

Hi Vicki -- I am noticing a slow down on all the swap threads of late. Not sure if its adjusting to the school year or what. Hang in there, I bet we fill them! Feel free to advertise on any of mine!

dbridges 09-20-2009 03:34 PM

I'll Play
 
Vicki,

Please give me a spot in inspirational, and if you open another one, give me one there also.

I will watch the thread,

Thanks,

Denise

izzysmom 09-20-2009 04:11 PM

I've got my quotes picked out and will be working on these in the next week or so, just as soon as I finish the 260 recipe cards and 130 shower invitations for my nieces' weddings. And no, I didn't volunteer - one of the benefits of family!

mwebber 09-20-2009 05:11 PM

Hi! This sounds like just the swap for me. I have been in a blue mood for days so..
sign me up for an inspirational spot.

Thanks for hosting this, I've missed out on your previous rounds.

_Maryellen

StampinGoodDeeds 09-21-2009 04:58 AM

Hi Vicki --
I finished up mine and was just wondering if you mind if I send them to you with the return of the Trick or Treat swap in a couple of weeks? Besides, by then you may have another set and I may have to sign up for a third... :)

FLScrapHappy 09-21-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 15172000)
Hi Vicki --
I finished up mine and was just wondering if you mind if I send them to you with the return of the Trick or Treat swap in a couple of weeks? Besides, by then you may have another set and I may have to sign up for a third... :)

Feel free to do that...good idea.

FLScrapHappy 09-21-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwebber (Post 15169884)
Hi! This sounds like just the swap for me. I have been in a blue mood for days so..
sign me up for an inspirational spot.

Thanks for hosting this, I've missed out on your previous rounds.

_Maryellen

Glad to have you!

FLScrapHappy 09-21-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbridges (Post 15169114)
Vicki,

Please give me a spot in inspirational, and if you open another one, give me one there also.

I will watch the thread,

Thanks,

Denise

2 spots for you! Thanks for joining us!

StampinGoodDeeds 09-21-2009 06:51 PM

Good evening all!

StampinGoodDeeds 09-22-2009 04:50 AM

Hi Vicki!!! Can I have a spot in the new group or are you sick of mine yet? :)
Just got a few new stamps and have to break them in you know... :)

If you end up needing a filler for the Just for Fun group, let me know and I can make another set, or if you start another group for that too, I'm happy to be in it also. Pulled out my drawer of sentiments and "rediscovered" all sorts of fun ones I'd forgotten about.

FLScrapHappy 09-22-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 15179196)
Hi Vicki!!! Can I have a spot in the new group or are you sick of mine yet? :)
Just got a few new stamps and have to break them in you know... :)

If you end up needing a filler for the Just for Fun group, let me know and I can make another set, or if you start another group for that too, I'm happy to be in it also. Pulled out my drawer of sentiments and "rediscovered" all sorts of fun ones I'd forgotten about.

Sick? No way...your work is always beautiful! I'll add you to the new group and we'll see where the fun group goes.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:35 PM.